Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any available? I read a thread dated back in Sept 2010 that maybe suggested the idea never came to fruition.

Id be interested in a set if you have a few laying around.

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
I desperately want to make them because I think I have an awesome, theft resistant design, but I'd need about 23 members to commit before I could pull it off. I want to start a group buy thread with all the info very soon. I've already spent $200 on tamper resistant fastners (enough bolts and keys for 25 sets), and they sit on my desk reminding me daily.

The first two sets are already sold. One set for me, one set for my wheeling partner who spent hours helping me design them. They'd be about $100-110 per set. If 22 people other members know what we're talking about, please, chime in!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I desperately want to make them because I think I have an awesome, theft resistant design, but I'd need about 23 members to commit before I could pull it off. I want to start a group buy thread with all the info very soon. I've already spent $200 on tamper resistant fastners (enough bolts and keys for 25 sets), and they sit on my desk reminding me daily.

The first two sets are already sold. One set for me, one set for my wheeling partner who spent hours helping me design them. They'd be about $100-110 per set. If 22 people other members know what we're talking about, please, chime in!
Yep sure are a pretty good design....GREAT IDEA JOEL!!!

Who is this person that helped design them? He seems like a smart cookie!

Since you're pretty busy, how are you going to get all of them machined and shipped off to customers?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are these the roof hi-lift roof mounts that bolt into the rack mounting holes for ppl w/o a rack?
No, these are an E.P. first. They lock onto the ARB bumper or roof rack allowing you to secure your hi-lift to something almost completely theft proof. They use a special torx key and a set of barri nuts. I'm sure there's a few pictures of them floating around on one of the older threads.

If your interested let us know cause we'd like to start a group buy and we need at least 23 people.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Are these the roof hi-lift roof mounts that bolt into the rack mounting holes for ppl w/o a rack?
You're referring to the Dom mounts. Currently sold out, and wasn't enough interest to make another run, but it seems interest is increasing once again. Might have to consider making some more soon.

·
Registered
194 Posts
No, these are an E.P. first. They lock onto the ARB bumper or roof rack allowing you to secure your hi-lift to something almost completely theft proof. They use a special torx key and a set of barri nuts. I'm sure there's a few pictures of them floating around on one of the older threads.

If your interested let us know cause we'd like to start a group buy and we need at least 23 people.

:cheers:
I'm interested

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Joel,

Post up a pic or two. My ARB Bumper may need one...

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just bought a hi-lift today, and don't have anywhere to put it. I sure would be happy if you were planning to make some in the next month or so! :rocker:

You're referring to the Dom mounts. Currently sold out, and wasn't enough interest to make another run, but it seems interest is increasing once again. Might have to consider making some more soon.

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
I just bought a hi-lift today, and don't have anywhere to put it. I sure would be happy if you were planning to make some in the next month or so! :rocker:
I may be able to do that. PM me in a week or so, we'll start a thread and see if we can't get a few others interested. In the meantime, I'll pull up the drawing and get a material quote rolling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts