35x12.50x17 Toyo Open Country Mud Terrains
17X9 Moto Metals 951
Spidertraxx 1.25" Spacers
Windshield:
Several cracks

Tires Arrived:rocker:

Tires, lift, & steps installed all together:

Towing:
OME 896's(heavy). Before these springs, when I hooked up my boat the FJ would sag like a sqwatting dog. After research and researching some more, I chose 896's over the AirLift route. Notice almost no sag at all! These springs live up to their name. I can honestly say the handling feels much more stable and firm. Advice: If you have a lift and tow with your FJ, get these springs!

Snorkel: This is the one I've been awaiting to do since day one and is my most favorite of all mods for the FJ. Being a surfer, surfing hurricane swells is a must for me. Thats where the snorkel get justified, the beach access roads flood and keep most vehicles from having beach access. Not for me anymore; Mud terrains, lift, and snorkel, I can get & go anywhere.

Every year a group of friends and us, do a "river trip" to the Frio River in Concan, TX. There are many county roads that cross the river, not over it, but through the river. So, I will post pictures of the BeachRunner out of town in the hill county crossing the Frio!

Mods in Progress:

TOO MANY

Future Mods:
TOO MANY

Definately more to come! Check back periodocally!
Thanks to FJC forums for the great site!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Looking good! Last time you were at my house I was wondering when this baby was going to get some work done to it! I knew you were itching to start the mods and so far its great! Looking mean! Can't wait to see more!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hey.. those springs look familiar.... glad they worked out for you . Nice looking rig. Keep on modding.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Great picture of your child, ouch on the windshield crack. :rawr:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
esn,

How does your FJ handle pulling the boat?
The boat is in the neighborhood of 5000 lbs, the FJ pulls it like a champ! Stock springs was ok, but when I added the lift w/ the OME 896 (heavy) springs I noticed a huge difference. It felt much more stable and no more sag! The trailer has brakes, but they dont work, that is a main concern for most FJer's. I have not had any problems with braking, so far so good:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the compliments!:rocker:

Here is a shot of the OME's completed early this morning.

When I first installed the iFab, I noticed some panels that were blue from painting off the production line. So I went ahead and blacked them out. I think it looks alot better

1 - 20 of 40 Posts