Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that even with the fan turned OFF that if the temperature selector is on the RED that heat comes into the cabin or BLUE cools down the interior..

I would have thought with the fan turned off there would be no heating or cooling!!!

I know this seems weird but before I put cd's in the radio, air was blowing out from the cd player in the radio!!!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Its because you have the air set to "outside air" rather than "recirculate". Recirculate will not let fresh air into the cabin from the vents. Outside air WILL let air into the cabin through the vents. If you set the temp to hot, the coolant from the engine will still be diverted to the heater core and air will still flow through it giving you hot air out of the vent. If you have it set to all the way cool, then you should get close to ambient outside air temp coming through the vents.

Every single car i have ever been in has been like this. I am just guessing you haven't noticed it before.

Air from the cd player is probably because of cooling fans inside of the system.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, probably never noticed. I guess when I see fan OFF i figure i shouldnt get any air flow.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Its because you have the air set to "outside air" rather than "recirculate". Recirculate will not let fresh air into the cabin from the vents. Outside air WILL let air into the cabin through the vents. If you set the temp to hot, the coolant from the engine will still be diverted to the heater core and air will still flow through it giving you hot air out of the vent. If you have it set to all the way cool, then you should get close to ambient outside air temp coming through the vents.

Every single car i have ever been in has been like this. I am just guessing you haven't noticed it before.

Air from the cd player is probably because of cooling fans inside of the system.
Yep thats why his name is in GREEN Perfect answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts