Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since its my first post, i might as well get my moneys worth.Just purchaced a new Cruiser,and i love it,i picked it up 4 days ago and couldnt be happier,just love it,fully loaded i think.My question,bear with me as i never owned a 4 wheel drive vehicle b4, is during everyday driving,while the trans is in plain old drive,should the, for a lack of better words,the 4 wheel drive shifter be in the neutral position,is that ok or what should be the norm???Help out a newbie:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your shifter should be in the H2 position on pavement. Don't drive it in H4 unless its snowing or off roading or you will damage your FJC

·
Registered
534 Posts
Congratulations on your new toy!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your shifter should be in the H2 position on pavement. Don't drive it in H4 unless its snowing or off roading or you will damage your FJC
x2 keep it in 2 wheel drive (H2) all the time on the pavement. Try to get on some dirt or gravel roads at least once a month and put it in 4HI to keep all the parts lubed up and moving around. There is a little card on the driver side visor that will explain more of when to use the different features of the 4wd system.

Welcome to the forum and to driving a 4x4!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
x2 keep it in 2 wheel drive (H2) all the time on the pavement. Try to get on some dirt or gravel roads at least once a month and put it in 4HI to keep all the parts lubed up and moving around. There is a little card on the driver side visor that will explain more of when to use the different features of the 4wd system.

Welcome to the forum and to driving a 4x4!
X3. Yes it should be in H2. And welcome to our not so little family anymore.:wave:

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
Mets? Dems fightin' words.....

Just kidding, Welcome!

DEWFPO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts