Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m stoked to let you all know about a very cool announcement. First and foremost, the upcoming Jan/Feb 2006 issue of 4WD Toyota Owner will have EXCLUSIVE photos and drive reports on the 2007 FJ Cruiser that you simply won’t find anywhere else. That’s correct, EXCLUSIVE photos and editorial that gives a true, from-the-driver’s-seat account of how this groundbreaking new machine performs off-road, YES, including on the Rubicon Trail.

Not a passenger, not a sideline viewer, but from DRIVERS. We will have not one, not two, but FOUR different drive accounts. Both Senior Editor Ben Crockett and myself have driven the FJ Cruiser, and the other two? Well, suffice to say, they are DEEPLY involved with the FJ Cruiser in every way. Yes, that’s a teaser, but there is an embargo on revealing details about the FJ Cruiser and we can’t break it.

Photos? Glad you asked. We have photos not available ANYWHERE else of the FJ Cruiser wheeling on the Rubicon, in the desert, in California, all over the place. More importantly, our photos will truly illustrate the off-road capabilities of the 2007 FJ Cruiser. We don’t mean the two pics we have on our website (themselves an exclusive scoop when we got them), nor the ones on Toyota’s website—these are all new and unpublished!

To get further info, click here:

http://www.4wdtoyotaowner.com

and click on the FJ Cruiser link there.

It's got additional news, info, photos of the schwag, and more. Damn, I'm jazzed about the Jan/Feb issue! It's going to kick serious ass! All Toyota owners will be stoked to read this coverage--at 4WD Toyota Owner, that's all we do!

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Okay, so you sold me. But it had better kick ass or I'm gonna have you listed as a troll!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
And Toyota is letting you announce final pricing in this issue right? Awesome!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm picking up a copy regardless, but with three posts and all related to us purchasing his magazine...he is a troll.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Yeah I guess I will too, even though I bet he's to blame for Toyota not releasing the Rubicon video yet.

See , if Toyota would release more FJC information in a timely manner we wouldn't be acting so punchy around here.

·
Registered
181 Posts
csherrill said:
I'm picking up a copy regardless, but with three posts and all related to us purchasing his magazine...he is a troll.
I wouldn't call him a troll but he does seem to be spamming. (to the original poster) Maybe if you make some posts other than just to sell the magazine you would be better received and respected.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Didn't see it in Dave's post but it should also be mentioned that the cutoff to subscribe in order to receive the Jan/Feb edition with the exclusive, stoked up, gnarly FJC info and photos is December 20th.

So don't delay!
But also,

114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Troll? No, embargo

I hear your concerns and I understand. I certainly don't want to come across as a troll.

There is a very simple reason that I can't just pipe in with info, though: there is a Toyota-imposed news embargo until later this month. I'm dying to answer people's questions--I know all the crawl ratios, gear ratios, engine data, tranny data, the full meal deal, but I can tell NONE of it until the embargo is over.

If I could, I'd be on here every day answering questions and posting photos.

I'm sure you've noticed that NO other mag has released specific data beyond what everyone already know, either. We all have the embargo.

Input accepted. I'll quit posting. Cheers!

Dave

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks '4WD Toyota Owner Magazine' guy! I saw the gear ratio in the Jan issue of Motor Trend this week, but figured they just ripped it from the Tacoma.

Do you have a date when the embargo will be lifted? Been waiting for the pricing, like all of us; Will the embargo lifting be a Christmas gift or more like a New Years Eve gift?

Woops.... That was Truck Trend, not Motor Trend.

·
Registered
228 Posts
OK OK troll was a little harsh. And I understand about the embargo, etc. But that still should not have prevented you from chiming in about colors, or the fj vs. H3 vs. Xterra, etc. debates.

Free forum or Magazine from the Toyota Spammer...hmmm...decisions decisions.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Here, here.....Give us a little hint on the embargo date, How bout some personal opinions, like "its really cool, just wait, I promise...." something for us to chew on. I don't think opinions are against the rules, are they?

114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Csherrill,

Believe me, it drives me nuts not to be able to answer that stuff. And that Garmin GPS question, I know that too, blah blah blah, same old story so I'll save it.

It'll be cool to just talk and post and answer stuff on here normally without all this crap, and be someone who adds real info and is a valued member. Until then, I'll STHU. I guess I just got carried away with my excitement for the fact that it's almost here!

Happy holidays to all,

Dave

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have no doubt you are an informed individual with a lot of inside info. But I agree with EJR, that the embargo can not include general opinions.

Would it be breaking the embargo to say, I wish they had pink with polka dots. Instead prior to your last post, you have four posts:
#1. Buy my magazine.
#2. Buy my magazine.
#3. Buy my magazine.
Oh and #4. Buy my magazine.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hey 4WD Toyota Owner Magazine' guy,
Screw all that talk about FJC details, what are your thoughts on seat warmers!

(sarcasm)

·
Registered
181 Posts
4WD Toyota Owner Magazine said:
Csherrill,

Believe me, it drives me nuts not to be able to answer that stuff. And that Garmin GPS question, I know that too, blah blah blah, same old story so I'll save it.

It'll be cool to just talk and post and answer stuff on here normally without all this crap, and be someone who adds real info and is a valued member. Until then, I'll STHU. I guess I just got carried away with my excitement for the fact that it's almost here!

Happy holidays to all,

Dave

That's cool Dave. I can't wait to here what you have to say and add to the discussions.

BTW you hooked me, just make sure the rag going to Lansdale, Pa starts with the fj issue. :D

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
troll....i think most of us are aware of that magazine and are quite adept at seeking out new information. most dealerships didnt know **** about the fj until i pointed them to this site.

hey, you could always publish some pictures and info to this site - im sure we'd all be grateful, still buy the magazine and not call you troll anymore. :eek:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Thanks for post, even though you are trying to increase revenue through magazine sales/subscriptions using this online forum as an avenue. All FJC members fully understand where you are coming from. Saying ANYTHING that's not already released by Toyota Motor Corp. and you are "blackballed" from the publishing industry for life! Your magazine employees have been given confidential and exclusive information that can't be released until, let me guess, Monday, December 26th?
It's obvious that Toyota monitors this site as well as other Toyota forums online. Before the internet, this stuff was hard to come by!!! With confidential information so easy to leak out with today's technology, manufacturers have to be more cautious than ever. The #1 question from members is official MSRP pricing from Toyota itself. I only check this forum 3 times a week because I know nothing will be officially released until end of month. No more daily "FJ Cruiser" forum surfing!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Hey I ordered that damn magazine Dave, now feel free to join in our obsessive FJ games. I promise to try and keep the minions from tearing you apart to get at top-secret information. The group is right though. You are authorized opinions on the seat-warmers and the truck-tent options, opinions on sweet bull-bars and bumper options... from other vendors of course. We don't want you fired. But look at us - we're insane over here with a new thread devoted to color choices every two days.

Toss a couple of other topics out there for us to chew on while we wait patiently for new information and pics!

PS I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE NEW PICS AND GET THE NEW INFORMATION!

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's embarrassing but one of my partners at work describes this as automotive masturbation. I would argue, but what is the point. I just want to take a look at the damn thing. Plus, my wife is not jealous yet, wonder if it allows her the free time with her boyfriend. Damn, I better get off this and talk to my wife

1 - 20 of 61 Posts