Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It took us much longer than initially planned but we are finally ready to release our innovative dual swing latch system bumper for the FJ Cruiser! We had a great time down at FJ Summit this past week where we unveiled it for the first time and took it out on the trails with fellow attendees. We're also including the launch of the new dual swing bumper in our annual Toyota sale which ends this weekend with 20% off! Without further ado..

• Comprised of 3/16" and 1/4" inner structure and a 3/16" thick outer skin
  • 1" thick 3/4 recovery shackle mounts
  • Optional Camera/License Plate Relocation Bracket
  • Allows full use of rear window with spare tire mounted. (will make contact with bolt-on ladder but is easily removable)
  • Optional Add-Ons (Bolt-On Proprietary Ladder, NATO/Scepter-style mount, Geri (flat pack) mount, Hi-Lift mount, Bolt-On Table System)
  • Universally slotted swing arms provided flexible support for various aftermarket mounts & accessories
  • Optional textured black powder coat
  • Utilizes stock receiver hitch
  • Integrated light ports
  • Industry-first latch mechanism purpose-built for intuitive use while keeping a clean, aesthetic look with the rest of the bumper.
  • Designed and made in The U.S.A
Store Product Page

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
(snip) Once we begin initial production, we should have more info for things like weight. Stay tuned!..
Esthetically very pleasing.

But I'm confused on the inability to provide an approximate weight. Since at least one prototype was designed and built, is it possible that at some point it was not weighed?

Or does the prototype shown on the E1 website not reflect the "final" production-ready design, and therefore the actual weight of the production version is not known? I would assume that the design was developed via CAD, and if the materials and thicknesses are known, your CAD tool can provide a very accurate estimate of material weight, perhaps minus the several pounds of weld bead.

Just curious, as I'm carefully comparing the weight of aluminum vs steel bumper options, and would like to know the approximate weight of this new contender.

·
Vendor
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Esthetically very pleasing.

But I'm confused on the inability to provide an approximate weight. Since at least one prototype was designed and built, is it possible that at some point it was not weighed?

Or does the prototype shown on the E1 website not reflect the "final" production-ready design, and therefore the actual weight of the production version is not known? I would assume that the design was developed via CAD, and if the materials and thicknesses are known, your CAD tool can provide a very accurate estimate of material weight, perhaps minus the several pounds of weld bead.

Just curious, as I'm carefully comparing the weight of aluminum vs steel bumper options, and would like to know the approximate weight of this new contender.
We completely understand --

We had rushed to install this the day before FJ Summit started :spineyes:

Working with staff today to try and get weight estimates for you guys. It's slightly less than 4Runner dual swing which weighs in at approximately 220lbs to give you a rough indicator.

·
トヨタ Master
5,783 Posts
I'm glad there's still some good R&D out there for the FJs. It seems like our numbers are dwindling at Summit. :worried:

Thanks for keeping the FJ alive, guys! :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts