Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Got my bumper! It came in a huge box. It was heavy but I got it off the truck ok. It was stapled together very well. Upon opening it, I was amazed!

This blue brick is my bumper completely encased in "Instapak" foam. Its a 2 part chemical that you shoot through a heated gun. When they combine, and get heated, they expand into a form fitting and very durable foam. Its the absolute best way to ship stuff, but its NOT CHEAP! I immediately knew that my bumper was safe. On to the dismantling, handfulls of foam at a time...

The end result is this:

I hope to get it on this weekend!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I got my bumper on today and it looks sweeeet! I didnt get home until dark so I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

I noticed one thing today though....I was missing my winch cover plate. I'll have to call and see whats up with that. Oh, also what are you supposed to do with the fender well splash guards? They hang down under the bumper and look retarded. I was able to take part of it off and tuck the rest of it up in the bumper. I just wanted to see what we were supposed to do. There were no instructions for the installation whatsoever :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.