Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
290 Posts
Re: Expedition One - Group Buy (Ends 2/20)

Hey guys, I am on the fence, but if I can save 15% on a rear bumper with powder coat, Hella lights, and tire carrier, I am in. What is the cost of that rear set-up, and what would the cost be with the discount(s)? Sorry, I just want to make sure I have the cost down before I fully commit! :simmadown:

· Registered
290 Posts

Normal cost on the rear bumper w/tire carrier, powder coat and Hellas would be - $1498.99 + $175 shipping to a commercial address with forklift or loading dock (add $35 to residential). With a 15% discount, would be $1274.14 + shipping. As other members have stated, if anyone wants one of these bumpers, now is definitely the time. Not only are you helping out your members by getting us all closer to a discount, but the retail price of these will be going up!! I chose to do both front and rear so receive the discount on both and also get discounted shipping. If you order them both at once, you save a couple hundred dollars on shipping alone... :bigthumb:

Idaho...Thanks for the info! The price is a bit steep for me considering I'm having my TC +2 LT delivered this week... If my order was just the rear bumper, powder coated, NO carrier and NO lights, would that cut the cost down by a decent amount? I really like this bumper, and need one eventually, so I figure if we can get a 15% discount now, might as well jump on it! Money is just a bit tight as previously mentioned :boohoo:

· Registered
290 Posts

Sorry! Not sure if this has been answered... Will the OEM hitch be ok with the rear bumper?

· Registered
290 Posts

Just a few hours left boys and girls!! If you want to be added to the list, PM Mamba with your order. Closes today at midnight Pacific time...

Let's get to that 15% mark!! :clap:
Do we know what the total count is? Are we at 14 total? If there's 5 other "fence riders" out there (like me) let's jump in on this and bump everyone's discount to 15%!

Would it be pretty easy to add lights to the rear bumper later down the road to save $$? If I added the Hella's it would be an additional $70 bucks right? What's the install like? If its pretty basic I would prefer it to be shipped to my residence and I will install, if not, I would want to ship to the place that does all my work. One last question... From date of order, what is the turn time for delivery? Sorry for all the questions with so little time! Look at it as a helpful "bump" :bigthumb:

Can you all tell I have a commitment problem? hah!! :thinkerg:

· Registered
290 Posts

Does anyone know if the rear bumper install is easy? Is there any cutting involved? I'm 90% in on the rear bumper, powder coat w/ Hella's. Saving $100 bucks would be sweet! The only thing holding me back at this point is that I am getting my long travel this week. That, and my 4 wheel drive stopped working randomly on the trails yesterday, and I don't know if that's going to be an expensive fix... I think my "in" would put this GB at 15, correct? Fence riders, come on out and let's see if we can push the discount to 15%!! :)

· Registered
290 Posts

First fence rider has fallen! I'm in! Count me in for a rear with powder coat and Hella's. :rocker: I'm hoping this will help move the others that are on the fence in the direction to 15% off! A good point was made that raw material prices are on the increase, so if you're even considering buying a bumper at some time, might as well make that time now! I'll PM Mamba with the order details, an extension would be nice though, as its getting late and hitting that 20 mark looks pretty tough!

· Registered
290 Posts

Thanks and congrats to all that have chosen to participate!! I can't wait to receive my new gear!! :rocker:

If you're still interested, there is still time. Please PM your order to Mamba184 before midnight Pacific time. :bigthumb:

SDcruiser, vapor, FS2000 & gorakshep... be sure to PM Mamba to be added. We're ridiculously close to that 15% if anyone wants to throw their name down!!
Just PM'd Mamba with order details! :rocker: Took me a couple days to commit, but I now feel relieved that its a done deal! Anyone know what the count is up to now? Are we at 16 or 17? I'm hoping that the other fence riders take my plunge as inspiration! haha! :bigthumb: If we could make it to 15% that would be great! We need to keep this thread hot for another 2 hours!

· Registered
290 Posts

What did you get? We can do a rough tally... With yours and the two Mamba mentioned we are at 18 by my guess. 2 more and we are at 15%!
I ordered a rear w/powder coat and Hella's. We've got to be close to 20!!

· Registered
290 Posts

Thanks to everyone that answered all my questions along the way! I'm glad I was able to jump off that fence and help get us all a 15% discount off a great product! What a successful group buy! Thanks again Mamba for organizing this! I think we should post a new thread once the bumpers are installed so everyone can check out each others rigs with their new edition! :cheers:

· Registered
290 Posts

MAybe if we get the total to 30 they can increase the discount to 25% :bigthumb: Not complaining about the 15%, just sayin! :alfdance:

· Registered
290 Posts

Mamba, has the total count increased with the extension? Hopefully the extra week given will bring in additional buyers so that it wasnt just a wasted week that we all had to wait on! :cheers: Any idea when Exp-1 will be contacting us via email with invoice and further details? I'm sure they are going to be pretty busy for the next few weeks!!
One more time, thanks for putting this on for all of us, without this GB, I would be bumper-less! :bigthumb:

· Registered
290 Posts
Any updates on when we'll be receiving those invoices? Seems like Exp-1 has a lot of work to do now, 27 bumpers?! haha!

· Registered
290 Posts
I was told E1 was going to start shipping the easier orders first... around the last week of March. Was told that my rear would ship out no later than April 1st. Cant wait!!

· Registered
290 Posts
Any updates on the bumpers? Does anyone know if the simpler orders have been shipped out yet?

· Registered
290 Posts
Wow! What a pcak job! haha! Just talked to Exp-1. Siayd they just got some rear's in and sending them to powdercoat this week for early next week ship! Cant wait!!

· Registered
290 Posts
Got my rear bumper, but didnt see the Hella lights in the box:mecry: Still have some foam I can rip through, but Im not seeing them!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.