Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been in contact with Sarah at Expedition One pleading for a group buy on their bumpers. Below is her e-mail response. I've agreed to post this for them and gather the information to facilitate a group buy. (I've simply cut & paste from their e-mail so I hope all of the links work.)
==================================================
EDIT 2/21/11 - The kind folks at Exp-1 have agreed to extend the GB for 1 week. Now ending 2/27/11! We've met the 15% discount!

EDIT 2/14/11 - I emailed Exp-1 and they have decided to open the Group Buy up to include the rear bumper. "If you want the rear with a carrier the wait time will be longer -- most likely 8 weeks."

Group Buy Announcement:

At Expedition One, we are off-roaders first and manufacturers second. We love the FJ and the fans of our FJ products. Demand for our FJ bumpers is high, And even though they are more expensive for us to build than other bumpers, we have kept the cost where it is as much as possible despite the fact that our costs have continued to climb. Because we have kept the price low, they are not our bread and butter, which requires us to expand our market in other areas, with other vehicles to keep us in business.
We do not have a surplus on FJ bumpers, and in fact, have a hard time providing for the current demand. Due to the interest in a group buy, we are discussing the option. It would require that we do a special run just for group buy order.Ordering a special run of bumpers means another bumper does not get manufactured, and for that reason, a group buy offer would need to come with the following limitations:
1) We would have to limit the group buy to FJ front bumpers only, however, for anyone who orders a front and also wants a rear shipped with it, we would extend the same discount on the rear. Lights are included in the discount pricing.
2) Winch orders can be included with FJFB orders, however, the highest discount available will be 10% regardless of the total number of group buy orders and our free shipping special does not apply to a group buy order.
3) Because this will be a special run, ship date for base bumpers, standard hoop, diamond, and kodiak style will be at least 4 weeks from the closing date of the special. WyoOtto and Bullbar styles will be at least 6-8 weeks.
4) We will only open this opportunity for 1 week beginning Sunday Feb 13th -midnight Sun Feb 20th at these terms:
Forum Members only
10-14 FJFB orders 5% off
15-19 FJFB orders 10% off
20+ FJFB orders 15% off

So that being said, this is our official group buy notice, spread the word. One week only.
Jim S (screen name Mamba184) is going to be facilitating the group buy for us!! Please send him the following details for your order:
1. Name and Screen Name
2. Shipping and billing address
3. Phone # (for shipping company), and email we can send your invoice to
4. Bumper style, light options, powder coat option, any add-ons such as winches, shackles, aux. lights, etc.
Once we have collected all the orders we will send you an invoice at which time you can contact us with payment info or send a PayPal payment. Please do NOT send your order via PM on the forum!!Orders can be sent Sunday February 13th-midnight Pacific time Sunday Feb20th.
We are aware that our website is missing some links and it is under construction at the moment. In the meantime, please refer to our webstore for pictures and pricing: Expedition One LLC
More photos can also be viewed at:
FJ Pics: FJ Cruiser Photo Gallery: HYPERLINK "http://expeditionone.biz/fjcruiser/"http://expeditionone.biz/fjcruiser/
HYPERLINK "http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=220996&id=128778945441&saved" \l "/photos.php?id=128778945441"http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=220996&id=128778945441&saved#/photos.php?id=128778945441
FJ video install: HYPERLINK "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KpUw43U6L4"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KpUw43U6L4
Winch Plate Cover: HYPERLINK "http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/expedition-one/103771-winch-opening-cover-plate.html"http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/expedition-one/103771-winch-opening-cover-plate.html
FJ Quick Release Hitch: HYPERLINK "http://www.expeditionone.biz/zenphoto1/default/"http://www.expeditionone.biz/zenphoto1/default/

Thanks and happy group-buying,
Expedition One
===================================================

If you're interested, send me a PM with the info above so I can add it to a spreadsheet. I guess I'll start.

1. Mamba184 - Front (base w/std hoop - powder coated) & Rear (w/powder coating)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Expedition One - Group Buy (Ends 2/20)

Twidget - Please pm me your info (name, shipping address, billing address, e-mail, and telephone number) and I'll add you to the spreadsheet.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Got it! That gives us 5 so far.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

2. Racer001 - Front Diamond style no powder coating and winch/license plate cover
3. Twidget - Front diamond style with powder coating and PIAA-51 driving lights. Also an EPI 9.0S superwinch.
4. FJCarter - 2010 FJ - Diamond Style Front Trail Series (Powder Coat). No lights. No extras.
5. Loneuglyfish - WyOtto, powdercoated, no lights. Rear swing out, powdercoated, Hella lights

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I can't post in the Group Buy section. Perhaps one of the Moderators could help out?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

Head count remains at 5. We need some folks to jump on this GB before this coming weekend!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

I`ve PM'd the Administrator and Athena for help in moving the thread to the GB section.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·

EDIT 2/14/11 - I emailed Exp-1 and they have decided to open the Group Buy up to include the rear bumper. "If you want the rear with a carrier the wait time will be longer -- most likely 8 weeks."

Spread the word!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·

Lost a perspective buyer. Back down to 4. :(
2. Racer001 - Front Diamond style no powder coating and winch/license plate cover
3. Twidget - Front diamond style with powder coating and PIAA-51 driving lights. Also an EPI 9.0S superwinch.
4. FJCarter - 2010 FJ - Diamond Style Front Trail Series (Powder Coat). No lights. No extras.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·

Excellent question. I've e-mailed Exp-1 this morning and am awaiting their response. I've also asked if they can discount shipping if both the front and rear bumpers have been ordered and whether or not they'll ship to Quebec, Canada. Any other questions?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·

Here's the response I received from Exp-1. FYI - Question #3 was if a person ordered both a front and rear bumper can that count as 2 items towards the GB.

I'll ask them for a price on their 2010 washer bottles.

We only have 4 more days to make this work. I've done everything I can on my end but we need more people to participate rather than monitoring the post to see if we'll get to 10% off. C'mon folks - commit!
===================================
"For question #1, please let everyone know that if they can find a commercial shipping location with a forklift or loading dock it will help them save on shipping. Our current flat rate to a commercial address is $150 for smaller fronts/rear no carrier or $175 for bigger fronts (wyo and bullbar) and rears with carriers. $35 is added to shipping costs if it is shipping to a residential location.

2 bumpers shipping together, flat rate is $225, additional $35 for residential.
For those who have a commercial location I am willing to provide a custom quote, but I will need for them to send me the shipping address and which bumpers they are ordering.

2) We can ship into Canada and other international destinations but I do need the following info:
-shipping to a business or residence
-shipping address
-for Canada I need to know if they will need me to coordinate brokerage of their goods across the border ($25 fee for me to do this)
-all int'l orders are also subject to a $25 documents fee
-for other int'l locations I would need to know if they want to ship ocean or air freight and if they want service to their door or if they want to pick it up(which is a cheaper option).

I will have to check on question #3 and get back to you!

Thanks,
Sarah"

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·

Excellent! Can you pm me the following:
1. Name
2. Shipping and billing address
3. Phone # (for shipping company),
4. Email they can send your invoice to
5. Type of lights (PIAA or Hella).

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·

I sent an email to them Monday asking about the 2010 FJ washer bottles they built up. I can't seem to find a price for them on the online store website. No reply so far.
Here's the response from Exp-1:

We will be transitioning to a new website soon and so haven't kept the current one up-to-date. The price of the replacement system is $200 and it is about $16 to ship FedEx to most 48 states locations. We do have a couple of cans with minor dents that will go for $180.

Right now the best way to order it is by phone. They can usually ship within 2 days.

Thanks,
Trissa

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·

Back up to 5.
3. Twidget - Front diamond style with powder coating and PIAA-510 driving lights. Also an EPI 9.0S superwinch.
5. 4play - Rear w/swing-out (powder coat) and PIAA driving lights.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·

GREAT NEWS!!! If a person is ordering both the front and rear bumper each one counts towards the Group Buy. Exp-1 just replied with the following:
Jim,
answer to question #3 is yes. Once we decided to open it up to the rear that means that each individual bumper ordered counts towards the total. So if one person orders two bumpers they will both count.

You might want to post a note to those who might be lingering, thinking they will wait until it gets to 15%....there might be several others doing the same thing so they need to make themselves known!!

Thanks,
Sarah

Time to sign-up and be counted!!! :clap:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·

We're now at 10! :) Several folks have been modifying their order on the fly so please double check the list to ensure I've listed it correctly.

Only 5 more needed to get to the 10% off!

1. Mamba184 - Front (base w/std hoop - powder coated)
2. Mamba184 - Rear (with powder coat)
3. Racer001 - Front Diamond style no powder coating and winch/license plate cover
4. Twidget - Front diamond style with powder coating and PIAA-510 driving lights. Also an EPI 9.0S superwinch.
5. FJCarter - 2010 FJ - Diamond Style Front Trail Series. No powder coat. No lights. No extras.
6. 4play - Rear w/swing-out (powder coat) and PIAA driving lights.
7. Raggler - Front: Trail Series w/hoop & powder coat, PIAA fogs.
8. Raggler - Rear: Powder Coat w/o swing out.
9. IdahoMontanaFJ - Front Trail Series w/hoop, powder coat & PIAA fogs. Include winch cover/license plate holder
10. IdahoMontanaFJ - Rear w/powder coat & Hellas

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·

It looks like everyone wants to be the 20th person. :( I'd bet that if all of the fence riders would commit we'd at least get to the 10% discount. This GB expires at midnight (Pacific time) on Sunday and I plan to forward Exp-1 a spreadsheet with everyone's order early Monday morning.

I'm reluctant to ask for an extension as I'm afraid most folks would still procrastinate and wait until they can be the 15th or 20th person. I'm not affiliated with Exp-1 and I'm as bummed as everyone else at this point.

On the upside - it's still not too late to participate. If you're interested in buying one of their bumpers it won't get any better than this.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·

Dagored - I fully understand. I'll drop Exp-1 an e-mail today and hope they respond prior to Monday.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·

I believe Photo One puts us at 11. I have not received any e-mails concerning payment from Exp-1. (Maybe they're closed on Saturdays?) I will do my best to PLEAD and BEG with them on Monday to extend the GB one more week due to folks having numerous questions and encountering personal issues but I can't make any promises.

Photo One - I'm not sure what Plus+4 skids are but I'll ask Exp-1 on Monday.

I appreciate everyone's support as we try to successfully work through this GB.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.