Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Re: Expedition One - Group Buy (Ends 2/20)

ARGH! I am thrilled... My wallet is not! I am almost certainly going to participate in this but I need to think on ordering the rear bumper too ... and on that note the tire option.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts

How long has it been on there?

·
Premium Member
412 Posts

FYI, I did some research on the powder coating. Expedition One did change vendors a bit ago to a better process.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts

Still debating on the costliness of my order as well lol

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
TX girl: I'm on the phone app so I don't know how to link but go to the EXP 1 Facebook page. There is a nice pic on there of the plate. You'll see the winch hole covered in the middle and there are two or three slanted openings on each side.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts

Hope this link works for the plate ;)

I think I am going to go this route as well. I just need to decide on if I am getting a rear bumper as well or not. I guess I would like to look into winches more before I pick one.

Expedition One's Photos - FJ Cruiser Photo Gallery | Facebook

·
Premium Member
412 Posts

TXGirl, The winch plate is 60 bucks according to the Expedition One Online store ;)

·
Premium Member
412 Posts

No problem! They have been working on the website I think so it may not have even been there when you checked ;)

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Good to know! I am sure I speak for all of us that its appreciated knowing this info based on the earlier post with the rust issue.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts

Thanks Athena

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Bump

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I sent an email to them Monday asking about the 2010 FJ washer bottles they built up. I can't seem to find a price for them on the online store website. No reply so far.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Calling the dealer today to ask about springs and warranty stuff. If I get the answer I want I'll be adding to the list, for a couple items most likely.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Saw someone was asking the dealer about springs and shocks needed for this bumper. I passed on the metal tech bumper because I was torn between the Single Hoop Bumper and the Tube.

Will the stock springs hold up using this bumper? My FJ is brand new, will this bumper void my warranty? If someone could help me out with these questions, it would persuade me one way or the other. Also liking the Diamond Bumper...

Thanks guys
I'm in this boat too. I'd planned on a conversation with the dealer today and then things got hectic with my my mother in law going to the ER/Hospital with staff saying she may not make it through the next 24 hrs. Tomorrow I plan on calling a few dealers, one of which is an Exp 1 dealer, according to their website. I shall post what they tell me although my distinct impression is that it may not be a all around judgement call. Some dealers may say yes, some may not. At least you'll have a reference.

At this point if I like what hear I am thinking Diamond also with a pair of sliders and a winchplate. Im also going to end up calling for the bottle since I have a 2010.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts

Saw someone was asking the dealer about springs and shocks needed for this bumper. I passed on the metal tech bumper because I was torn between the Single Hoop Bumper and the Tube.

Will the stock springs hold up using this bumper? My FJ is brand new, will this bumper void my warranty? If someone could help me out with these questions, it would persuade me one way or the other. Also liking the Diamond Bumper...

Thanks guys
Pretty much what was said by the poster above: In my conversations with them the responses varied. If there is a DIRECT relationship between a failed item and a mod then the warranty would not apply. Proving the direct relationship is something else all together. Sorry it's not more concrete but....I think it's probably intentional on their part honestly. I think several aspects would go into play here and I am personally thinking that if one decides to mod, and has to go with a warranty claim, they had pretty much better PLAN on having to deal with a no on the first contact in many cases. It would take moving up the chain a bit. The example given to me was a remote starter that was not Toyota branded. If that starter fry's the electrical system, you are not going to be covered. On something like a bumper, obviously it becomes more subjective.

So ....more grey to mull over ;)

Wheres the smiley with the gun to his head in that collection of smileys anyway?

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I'm sorry I have not added my name to the list guys. As much as I planned on it I have much larger things going on. An expenditure like the one I'm contemplating on the larger side of things is something I need to talk to my wife about and she is watching her mother literally taking what is likely her last breaths in hospice. Needless to say I would be remiss if I were to tap her on the shoulder and ask how much I can spend on the toy right this second.

I will say I was planning on a front but after the rear bumper was included I'm trying to work this out as well. Again, a proper opportunity to discuss it still needs to present itself.

Sorry guys. I'll be on it as soon as it's reasonable. But there are too many questions to decide on my own at this point.

Give all your loved ones a hug fellow FJ drivers... I sure regret not handing them out more often right about now.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I did see one question I could answer. If you are getting a winch you don't need a winch plate.

The winch plate is there for covering the 'bay' the winch resides in so you don't have that big empty spot ;)

·
Premium Member
412 Posts

removed

·
Premium Member
412 Posts

I'm In ;) Might add more in a bit, need to talk things over.

1. Mamba184 - Front (base w/std hoop - powder coated)
2. Mamba184 - Rear (with powder coat)
3. Racer001 - Front Diamond style no powder coating and winch/license plate cover
4. Twidget - Front diamond style with powder coating and PIAA-510 driving lights. Also an EPI 9.0S superwinch.
5. FJCarter - 2010 FJ - Diamond Style Front Trail Series. No powder coat. No lights. No extras.
6. 4play - Rear w/swing-out (powder coat) and PIAA driving lights.
7. Raggler - Front: Trail Series w/hoop & powder coat, PIAA fogs.
8. Raggler - Rear: Powder Coat w/o swing out.
9. IdahoMontanaFJ - Front Trail Series w/hoop, powder coat & PIAA fogs. Include winch cover/license plate holder
10. IdahoMontanaFJ - Rear w/powder coat & Hellas
11. Photo One - Diamond Style front bumper, w/powdercoat and PIAA 510 amber foglights; also add Superwinch EPi9.0S (w/Exp.One upgrades). Package needs to work with my Plus+4 skid plates. (I'm not sure what this is. I've also omitted the winch plate since you're ordering a Superwinch.)
12. TXcruiserGIRL - Front bumper, diamond style, winch plate cover, all powder coat, no lights.
13.BrutusII - Diamond Style FB, W/ Powdercoat, PIAA 510 Foglamps, Winch Plate

·
Premium Member
412 Posts

Does anyone know if the rear bumper install is easy? Is there any cutting involved? I'm 90% in on the rear bumper, powder coat w/ Hella's. Saving $100 bucks would be sweet! The only thing holding me back at this point is that I am getting my long travel this week. That, and my 4 wheel drive stopped working randomly on the trails yesterday, and I don't know if that's going to be an expensive fix... I think my "in" would put this GB at 15, correct? Fence riders, come on out and let's see if we can push the discount to 15%!! :)
There is a bit of removal of material I think. It is shown in a thread on the Expedition One sub topics in the Vendors section in the forum. Didn't look too bad. Trust me, if I am thinking about it, it doesn't look too bad!!! LOL

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.