Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
261 - 280 of 333 Posts

· Registered
3,589 Posts
Looks good... Now you have some decent protection when you meet some alkies leaving Mangos on a Saturday night this summer. Next time I drive up we'll have to meet and do some wheeling. I knew of a few spots in Franklin County.

:bigthumb:

My lights will be installed saturday, as will my winch cover plate. I've picked out a decent winch, just have to wait for the funds :D

· fka luvshisfj
2,865 Posts
Been waiting on shipment confirmation...hopefully that's why I haven't received on yet.

:lol: talked to E1 yesterday, said they ran out of packing foam! More should be shipping this week. ;)

· Registered
2,531 Posts
Looks good... Now you have some decent protection when you meet some alkies leaving Mangos on a Saturday night this summer. Next time I drive up we'll have to meet and do some wheeling. I knew of a few spots in Franklin County.

:bigthumb:
Sounds good! I've yet to go anywhere in franklin county :)

· Registered
342 Posts
You wanna know what's torture?

Knowing my bumper is scanned and sitting in Houston and yet my delivery day says the 21st!! :( I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas! I hope it gets here early! Like tomorrow! .... Then I can stare at it in my garage until someone can help me lift it to install it. :lol:

· fka luvshisfj
2,865 Posts
Mine is sitting in Tulsa and it says my delivery date is the 21st also....Its been sitting in Tulsa since Friday night

You wanna know what's torture?

Knowing my bumper is scanned and sitting in Houston and yet my delivery day says the 21st!! :( I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas! I hope it gets here early! Like tomorrow! .... Then I can stare at it in my garage until someone can help me lift it to install it. :lol:

· Registered
342 Posts
Mine is sitting in Tulsa and it says my delivery date is the 21st also....Its been sitting in Tulsa since Friday night
Same here!! It's been there since Friday. And I was out of town all weekend and worried I'd miss the delivery! haha

and I don't know where the headquarters is here in Houston cause I'd drive down there and get it myself!! :ninja:

· Registered
290 Posts
Got my rear bumper, but didnt see the Hella lights in the box:mecry: Still have some foam I can rip through, but Im not seeing them!

· Registered
290 Posts
Ok, lights were hiding in the foam. Make sure to go through ALL of that foam before you throw anything away!

· Registered
1,014 Posts
My CC hadn't been charged yet so I just called Exp1 to see what was up. They just got the final parts for the carrier Friday and are finishing up the bumpers. But, don't expect alot from Exp1 this week due to them attending Jeep Safari in Moab this week. I'am attending Cruise Moab first week in May and wouldn't get a chance to install the bumper before the event so I told Tricia(?) not to ship it till after CM, It would suck having to look at it in the garage and not having it on the FJ for CM.

· Registered
342 Posts
I want some foam to rummage through!!!!!:rawr:

· fka luvshisfj
2,865 Posts
checked the status today...it said it left Tulsa today for delivery and the estimated arrival date is still the 21st.... Tulsa is an 1 hr and 45 min drive from Fort Smith...
Who is delivering your bumper? DB Schenker is delivering mine, Sarah from EX1 said that this company will usually call you to set up a date and time for delivery!?!?

· Premium Member
13,974 Posts
If I remember right, DB Schenker delivered my rear bumper last spring. They did call from Indy or Cincy and it arrived in a small plain white cargo van. Doesn't matter to me as long as it isn't damaged.

· Registered
342 Posts
checked the status today...it said it left Tulsa today for delivery and the estimated arrival date is still the 21st.... Tulsa is an 1 hr and 45 min drive from Fort Smith...
Who is delivering your bumper? DB Schenker is delivering mine, Sarah from EX1 said that this company will usually call you to set up a date and time for delivery!?!?
Mine says its on Houston and I live just on the county line. I ran to CVS and saw a UPS guy rolling around my neighborhood. I chased him around but he did not stop at my house.... I did spook him, though.:lol:

· fka luvshisfj
2,865 Posts
Thats good....cause I'm in OKC...and as soon as they call me to set up a date and time, I'm taking off work and heading to Arkansas

If I remember right, DB Schenker delivered my rear bumper last spring. They did call from Indy or Cincy and it arrived in a small plain white cargo van. Doesn't matter to me as long as it isn't damaged.

· Premium Member
10,073 Posts
As y'all begin to install, I'm interested in tips on wiring reverse lights, and also trimming plastic around the bottom of bumper. Please post all install procedures. Installed rear Sunday, and still have some tweaking to do.

· Registered
290 Posts
The shipping company said they'd call me when they were on their way... I didn't get phone call, but I did get a huge box on my front door step (it did have to be signed for)!

I pulled it in the garage as soon as I saw it!

I opened the box and started pulling out the foam! Man, what a GREAT pack job!

Now to figure out the install!! :rocker:

· Premium Member
10,073 Posts
Just installed rear without carrier. I followed the plastic trimming details on forum, and still don't think I got it right on the lower portion of plastics. Spent a lot of time lining up close to body, only to hear creaking everytime I brake. May leave mote than a 1/4" gap at top where it meets door seal. I'm awaiting y'alls tips.

261 - 280 of 333 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.