Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
321 - 333 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
The only thing you have to drill is for the front part of that plate, you'll see a slot hole there for that longer bolt, just in front of your body mount. That's where you need to drill through the frame.

My DRLs are unplugged. The head light and bumper halos are taped into the side running lights. The bumper projector lights are wired to the factory harness for the driving lights, but hacked to be always hot (not just when head lights are on)!

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I had emailed a couple weeks back asking if there was any discount for FJ forum members, the reply was:

"Also, We had a group buy offer in February for forum members however we are no longer offering that. Currently we have a lot of supply and demand. So we are offering if you fully equip your FJ we will ship it for free. full equip meaning, Front bumper, Rear bumper, and Rocker guards (order all three items at once). If you have any other questions please fill free to ask."

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
I had emailed a couple weeks back asking if there was any discount for FJ forum members, the reply was:

"Also, We had a group buy offer in February for forum members however we are no longer offering that. Currently we have a lot of supply and demand. So we are offering if you fully equip your FJ we will ship it for free. full equip meaning, Front bumper, Rear bumper, and Rocker guards (order all three items at once). If you have any other questions please fill free to ask."
Yikes, that is a pretty penny! But could add up to substantial savings if you're looking for everything...

·
Registered
310 Posts
How about if somebody would ask Exp1 for another group buy for bumpers?

I bet there are many more FJ owners out there who would be dying to get into another GB sale for expedition one bumpers. (ahem... I am one of them lol)

·
Premium Member
13,320 Posts
Read a few posts back. It seems they are doing well without needing to reduce their price.

I need their rear bumper but willing to look at competitors if the price is right

·
Registered
900 Posts
After finally "using" my rear bumper I'm not to happy about it! The mounting is just a "hug" system, not really attached to the frame for strength! And the bottom that does attach, removes the factory tow point!

In other words the D ring mounts are useless! If you have to recover someone, your bumper will slide on the frame, and since it only mounts to the bottom, it will bend down! so now I have a bent, crooked bumper from pulling a friend out of a hole! :flame:

·
Premium Member
13,320 Posts
After finally "using" my rear bumper I'm not to happy about it! The mounting is just a "hug" system, not really attached to the frame for strength! And the bottom that does attach, removes the factory tow point!

In other words the D ring mounts are useless! If you have to recover someone, your bumper will slide on the frame, and since it only mounts to the bottom, it will bend down! so now I have a bent, crooked bumper from pulling a friend out of a hole! :flame:
Thats a shame. This was my next major purchase. Is this a design flaw? Did Exp One help you out? Keep us posted.

:cheers:

·
Registered
900 Posts
I manage a garage and spent Half a day with it on the lift, using transmission jacks to try and force it back into place, while I banged the rear brackets as close as they would get, before torquing it all down again.

I'm not that worried about it, I can live with the offset, twisted bumper. Basically the one side of the top of the bumper is flush with the trim while the other side I can slide my hand in between! Just have to remember to pull from the other side next time and then it will just be "hanging low" instead of twisted.

321 - 333 of 333 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.