Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 333 Posts

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Re: Expedition One - Group Buy (Ends 2/20)

Still debating on the costliness of my order as well lol

·
Registered
42 Posts

I've loved my Exp. 1 bumper. Good folks to work with. I've been driving mine in Seattle and in the Cascades the last year plus, holding up quite well.

·
Registered
324 Posts

I'm refining my order (deciding on lights) but I'm 99% sure I'm in!! :D

·
Registered
324 Posts

What does this "winch/plate cover" look like on the bumper?? Anyone have pics?

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
TX girl: I'm on the phone app so I don't know how to link but go to the EXP 1 Facebook page. There is a nice pic on there of the plate. You'll see the winch hole covered in the middle and there are two or three slanted openings on each side.

·
Registered
42 Posts

The winch cover plate is a must if you're not installing winch yet. W/o plate looks really odd: big gap with prominent a/c line waiting for someone to curiously yank on. Wait , there's a metaphor for somebody's dating life there...

·
Premium Member
412 Posts

Hope this link works for the plate ;)

I think I am going to go this route as well. I just need to decide on if I am getting a rear bumper as well or not. I guess I would like to look into winches more before I pick one.

Expedition One's Photos - FJ Cruiser Photo Gallery | Facebook

·
Registered
324 Posts

Hope this link works for the plate ;)

I think I am going to go this route as well. I just need to decide on if I am getting a rear bumper as well or not. I guess I would like to look into winches more before I pick one.

Expedition One's Photos - FJ Cruiser Photo Gallery | Facebook

It's ..... BEAUUUUUTIFUUUUUUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pinklove::pinklove::pinklove:

Thanks guys.... The winch is a comin but it will have to wait. I'm glad that leaves me room to put it on later. Anyone know how much additional that plate is? This is adding up. :worried:

Also, I DO eventually want lights but it's not a HUGE priority. I'm considering the Hellas just for now (not sure how good they are) but if I wanted to save the 70 bucks, would they send me a bumper with just the holes? Or if I say "no lights" does that mean I don't get holes for lights in the future?

Sorry if these are silly questions.... I would just hate to place my order incorrectly and be disappointed when it arrives.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts

TXGirl, The winch plate is 60 bucks according to the Expedition One Online store ;)

·
Registered
324 Posts

TXGirl, The winch plate is 60 bucks according to the Expedition One Online store ;)
Oh Thanks!! Sorry... Didn't see that in the drop down boxes in the "purchase" button....

·
Premium Member
412 Posts

No problem! They have been working on the website I think so it may not have even been there when you checked ;)

·
Premium Member
8,995 Posts

Excellent !!! If I didn't already have a front a rear w/carrier I'd be all over this . . . and I suggest anyone with interest get on it because it'll probably be a long before you see these prices again considering the escalating cost of steel.

These are some of the absolute best looking and strongest bumpers and their design fits the FJ wonderfully. You can be confident in supporting good folks producing a Made in the USA product . . . and they don't have a history of moving from state to state to avoid creditors like a certain other bumper manufacturer *cough*Road Armor*cough*.

My FJ sits outside 24/7/365 and my front has been on since 5/08 with no rust to speak of and my rear has been on since 6/08 with no rust. Wish my FJ was as rust free as my bumpers. :(

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Good to know! I am sure I speak for all of us that its appreciated knowing this info based on the earlier post with the rust issue.

·
Registered
92 Posts

The feature I like most is the ability to install and remove the winch without removing the bumper. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
244 Posts

Good to hear Expedition One supporting the community further by doing this group buy! I already have the front single hoop, rear tire swing carrier and rock sliders from them. Great products!

By the way - I received mine late 2010 - their new powder coater get's my seal of approval!

21 - 40 of 333 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.