Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if Expedition One does installs in house? I was looking at shipping and it would cost me about the same to drive there and let the pro's do it if it can be done. Worth consideration anyway...

PacNW convoy anyone? hehe...

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Anyone know if Expedition One does installs in house? I was looking at shipping and it would cost me about the same to drive there and let the pro's do it if it can be done. Worth consideration anyway...

PacNW convoy anyone? hehe...
Yes, they did mine. You do have to factor in labor and local sales tax though.....

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Might be a good excuse to road trip, camp, and meet some Utah fj brethren. ;)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I think I paid slightly more buying it there. I was in the area already, so no big deal. But you will save money or break even having it shipped.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I don't know any local places I would trust with the install in the main thing. At some point I will have to find one, I'm just paranoid about the FJ, hehe.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I live here in Utah so I had James install it for me right there in his shop. I helped out where I could...removal of the old stuff....installing the new. Since I was getting a winch and lights to go along with the bumper they installed that stuff as well at the same time. Give James or Sara a call and tell them what you have in mind, they might be able to help you better. If you do go to his shop make sure you check out his very nice Tundra.

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
The install is super easy. I'm sure the Utah guys could get together on a weekend and put you together in an hour or so. I did mine by myself (except lifting it on when the winch was installed) I live about 35 min north of the Ex-1 shop. There are a bunch of guys that live closer.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's an 11 hour drive out there so we'll see. Maybe I'll beg for some locals to help me that are familiar with such things too ;)

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:rocker:probably true! I am always amazed at how helpful people are here.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I've never done an expedition one bumper, but my toyoutfitters bumper was a breeze. With the exception of removing the OEM stuff (which isn't hard just takes a few minutes) the bumper install it's self was probably about 20 minutes. I had a friend give me a hand, and that honestly was because of lifting the bumper into place. Once it's up there, it's as simple as, cranking down 10 bolts. If you can turn a wrench, you're in there.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very cool, didn't realize it was such a simple job. Thanks for the info!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts