Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Nice looking lowers...I'll have to re-think my lowers options...Thanks :)

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
And why does the FJ need these?

(not to be stupid but I thought these trucks flexed a ton already)
The botttom arms are very thin walled tubes,
and if you happen to drop on rock in mid lenght,
they will bend/kink/break... Yes stockers do flex
great, and hold up pretty well to wheeling, just
not when there is an impact on them, they are
scary thin...

Rockrawler said:
Rear lower links, the factory ones are .090 wall (exhaust tubing is around .065 wall) and bend if you look at them wrong. ....
Here is an Image of the Stock One... ;)...

Now here is an Idea of the difference of the stocker and an upgraded one (AP shown)

·
Vendor
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sorry for the delay. There ended up being quite a bit of discussion around the Jimmy joints between I and the Manufacture. It turns out that they are doing away with the zirk fitting in the Jimmy joint. They have done it already with the large Jimmy joints and are planning on doing it with the medium jimmy joints that we are using on our lower links as well. the main reason why is that the zirk fitting tends to fall out over time weather its faceing up or down.

As a result of this we are looking at different options. The best so far is to go for more of an injection style fitting which would require a special head for the grease gun. I'm not sure how many of you have had experiance with these. They basically have a cone type end to them. They aren't quite as user friendly becuase you have to apply a steady amount of pressure to ensure the grease doesn't seep out the sides but this will eliminate any possiblity of the zirk fitting being broken off by rocks. It will also make access to greasing them easy. We still want the unit to be sealed so we're looking at adding a allen style bolt to close the grease hole.

If anyone has any thoughs or suggestions were open to them....

Thanks

james

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
thanks James, cant wait to see the final...

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
The best so far is to go for more of an injection style fitting which would require a special head for the grease gun.
James,

As long as a grease gun adapter is available, I am all for it.

Thanks for spending the time to optimize your designs, I think it really pays off in best of class performance. No other link I have come across seems to offer the same combination of vibration isolation PLUS suspension flexility PLUS adjustability PLUS use of stock mounting hardware. All key features in my opinion. As an engineer, I appreciate this. I really like your sliders, and I am waiting patiently for these arms.

Thanks,
Shawn

21 - 26 of 26 Posts