Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Expedition One Rear Bumper w/ SMTC & Two 2-gallon RotopaX Fuel Jugs Questions..

9K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  FAUJI 
#1 ·
Hey Hey Hey,

So, I have an Expedition One Rear Bumper w/ Smooth Motion Tire Carrier. I'm looking to procure 2 RotopaX 2-gallon fuel jugs to install on the driver side. I found one thread that has some good information but unfortunately the hyperlink the OP posted for the RotopaX specific brackets is dead now, and the OP is no longer active in the thread. Which brings me to this thread.

To anyone who has this bumper and has these specific RotopaX fuel jugs, please reply with your 2 cents.

If I'm not mistaken, I need 1 Pack Mount and 1 L-Bracket.

Anyone who has this set-up, please chime in and let me know if these are indeed the correct brackets. Additionally, if/what other fab is required would be super helpful as well.

Best,

Darren :rocker:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: Expedition One Rear Bumper w/ SMTC & Two 2-gallon RotopaX Fuel Jugs Questions..

I run the Expo 1 with swing out. I also run two 4 gallon rotopax. Expo 1 sells a bolt on for the swingout to mount cans. its about 70 plus shipping. all you would need after that is a pack mount and the rotopax.

Attachments

Reactions: FAUJI
#21 ·
Re: Expedition One Rear Bumper w/ SMTC & Two 2-gallon RotopaX Fuel Jugs Questions..

I run the Expo 1 with swing out. I also run two 4 gallon rotopax. Expo 1 sells a bolt on for the swingout to mount cans. its about 70 plus shipping. all you would need after that is a pack mount and the rotopax.
very nicely done rig

#5 ·

Thanks for your reply and assistance. I ordered the Expedition One bracket yesterday and the RotopaX Pack Mount from Amazon today. Pics to be posted once installation is complete.

Darren

#6 ·

The expo mount is more solid than the rotopax L bracket. You will be happy. I've had mine for over a year and they have been great. The mounts are tough as Hell and I got the locking mounts so my gas stays my gas. Good luck and look forward to you pics. Expo bracket takes longer to unpackage than to install.

#7 ·

Just stumbled on this thread. Great info!? I plan on ordering the bumper this weekend!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Basil
#8 ·

Good info, as I want to buy the bumper during this current group buy E1 has going on. Do I have to choose an optional locking mount, or do they all lock? Can you guys give some links to what you actually purchased so I can read up on them? Thanks!

#9 ·

I can post links later when I'm off work. Rotopax offers different mounts some lock and some don't. They offer different sizes if you want to run a single or a double pack so they offer extensions for the base mount. You can find them on the rotopax website. I have also found them on Amazon as well as ebay.

#10 ·

I can post links later when I'm off work. Rotopax offers different mounts some lock and some don't. They offer different sizes if you want to run a single or a double pack so they offer extensions for the base mount. You can find them on the rotopax website. I have also found them on Amazon as well as ebay.
Thanks, I looked at the rotopax site and didn't see any options, which is why I asked. I'm wanting to buy the E1 mount and use the rotopax cans. I'm kinda leaning toward a double stack of the single 2 or 3 gal cans. I don't really like the look of the long 4 gal tanks.

#11 ·
#12 ·

Basil. Where in NY are you. I was born and raised in glens falls north of Saratoga. Just haven't been home since I went in the navy and got out working for Toyota. It been almost 21 years.

#13 ·

Basil. Where in NY are you. I was born and raised in glens falls north of Saratoga. Just haven't been home since I went in the navy and got out working for Toyota. It been almost 21 years.
Im from Montauk, the very very end of Long Island, but I moved to San Diego about 5 months ago :clap: much warmer here :lol:

#14 ·

? Long Island Boys. Very jealous your where you are Basil. LI sucks right now ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#15 · (Edited)
Expedition One Rear Bumper w/ SMTC & Two 2-gallon RotopaX Fuel Jugs Questions..

I hear you. I was stationed out there and Hawaii for a while. Home is Kentucky right now but Toyota keeps me on the road for 80% of the year so I'm in San Antonio working on the new Tacoma.

#17 ·

Just finishes sorting it out, installing everything, and talking pics. I'll try to post them up later today if time permits.

Darren

#18 ·

Pics of install. I didn't get granular with the install and post everything. If someone has questions, feel free to ask away.

Attachments

#19 ·

Nice, looks great! Is that the hi-lift jack mount from E1 also? I ordered all that plus the backup camera relocation with their current group buy. I don't have a clue how I'm going to wait 6 weeks for delivery after seeing your pics. :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.