Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of used sliders and they don't have the hardware. Does anyone have a list of the parts needed (including sizes and quantities) to install them. I know generally that there are 8 bolts and nuts with washers per side, as I've taken off the OEM ones, but I don't know size or material types to get from my local hardware store.

I already emailed Sarah at Exp-One, but haven't gotten a response yet and that was a couple days ago.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Having taken off the factory rock rails, I'm assuming you've sold them (with factory hardware which would work just fine), so you can replace the mounting hardware with something along these lines:

16 sets of: 8mm x1.25 pitch bolts, approx 25-30MM long - grade 10.9
with grade 10.9 washer and lock washer

A good hardware store with a large "bulk" fasteners selection should get you through it just fine. Of course there's also McMaster-Carr or Grainger

A bit of a typical slider install found here: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/metal-tech/61029-metal-tech-rules.html
from myself and "N431FJ"

Hope this helps! :wave:

A.W.D.

I bought a set of used sliders and they don't have the hardware. Does anyone have a list of the parts needed (including sizes and quantities) to install them. I know generally that there are 8 bolts and nuts with washers per side, as I've taken off the OEM ones, but I don't know size or material types to get from my local hardware store.

I already emailed Sarah at Exp-One, but haven't gotten a response yet and that was a couple days ago.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfecto!

Thanks a bunch! I knew the forum was the source of all FJ knowlege!

Yes, I did sell the factory sliders, so I just need the hardware and now I can do it all tomorrow.

16 sets of: 8mm x1.25 pitch bolts, approx 25-30MM long - grade 10.9
with grade 10.9 washer and lock washer

Hope this helps! :wave:

A.W.D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts