Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i'm finnally goingn to take the plunge and am going to get a winch and bumper within the next month or so. When i first saw the Expedition one Bumper, i was preety dead set that was the bumper for me.
..That was intill i saw the Road Armor bull bar bumper in person. It was on a stock Fj, with no lights, and no winch, butit still stopped me in my tracks. Both bumpers are simular in construction, both have provsions to hold Piaa 510 lights in the bumper, and both have provsions to hold winches up to 9500 pd ratings.

Price wise at $999 with lights, the Expedtion one is a better price vs. the Road Armor at $1599 and i don't know if that includes the piaa 510's or not. I could buy an expedtion one bumper, and winch for the price of the road armor.
Both bumper have light tabs to hold Piaa 520 sized lights, but what i don't like about the Road Armor is that the bull bar is so short you can't fit 520 sized lights under it like the Expedtion one. (If i'm wrong about this, please correct me).
The light tabs on the Road Armor bull bar are a little high to use the lights in the city, but thats not a deal breaker for me.
So what do you guys think? I'd like to here opinions on owners of both the road armor, and expedition one bumpers, as well as general opinions on both.

Road armor bull bar bumper...

Expedtion one...

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I'll be picking up my Expedition One bumper on the way to Ouray next Monday... the Road Armour is nice but too much $$ IMO.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Get the Expedition One. Best bumper out there.

·
Registered
579 Posts
E1 is a great bumper...weight is awesome @ 91 lbs with center hoop, equally good design to RA.......service from James & Sarah is the key here. They are truelly great people to deal with and the price point is a no brainer....go E1 you won't regret it. Check out the initial teaser pics on this site for the matching rear bumper and the decision is easy :)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I am looking at E1 Diamond or the Demello three hoop design....best two out there for design, weight, and price in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
E1 is definitely the way to go, it is much lighter than the RA and also cost less!:bandit:

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. The more i look at it, i really like the looks of the Road Armor. But the price of the EP1 is by far a better value. I'm going to give them a call, and see if RA will work a bit on the price.

I've also heard of people waiting months for there RA bumpers. They've been contrated to build bumpers for the vehicles in Transformers 2,and i heard that took presendance over alot of customers when they did the first TF movie. But thats all rumors. I'll give them call before i speculate to much.

I know where a local store here in Houston has two that they ordered and never sold and are willing to sell cheaper.

PM me

Cool! Do you have any info to the store?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Both look great. For some reason, I can't see the EP1 picture that you posted.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Most of these after market parts have really crappy powdercoating, so peeling shouldn't impact your decision. They will all rust if exposed to corrosive environments so that isn't an indicator of quality either. I know availability is a big problem for RA at the moment.... They just told my buddy 16 weeks minimum for his titan. He has already been waiting almost two months.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I have a Fab Fours and I love it. The sub structure of the fab fours is a work of art.
Best one on the market IMO. I'm thinking about welding on a custom bull bar that protects the fairlead roller. I had a run in with a tree and have a little bend that I'm having pressed out. Figured a nice bar out front of it may look cool and also give another spot to mount lights.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts