Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Experiment: Blackout door handle using Tundra door handle - they fit perfectly

While at the dealership last week, I closely looked at the 2007 Tundra and noticed that the door handle looks the same as on our FJ.

Got me interested to do some experiment and order the black door handle covers (base model Tundra) from 1sttoyotaparts.com.

Suprised to find out that they are the same.:)

Part numbers:
69210-0c010 - Black door handle assembly ($12.59)
69210-0c020 - Chrome door handle assembly ($12.59)

69217-0c010 - Black keylock cover (with hole) ($7.53)
69217-0c030 - Black keylock cover (without hole) ($9.71)
69217-0c020 - Chrome keylock cover (with hole) ($7.53)
69217-0c040 - Chrome keylock cover (without hole) ($9.71)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Wanted to do the same thing. Just figured the handles (being a Toyota part) would be expensive. If you don't mind how much we lookin at? Can't wait to see the final pictures. Thanks for testing this out.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wanted to do the same thing. Just figured the handles (being a Toyota part) would be expensive. If you don't mind how much we lookin at? Can't wait to see the final pictures. Thanks for testing this out.
They are not that expensive.
Cover with key hole - $ 7.53/each
Door handle cover - $ 12.59/each
Shipping from WA - $8.95

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
For that price I'm doing it too. And please update with what tools are needed for the handles. I'm guessing just a screwdriver to pry the keyhole one.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Ha damn good find! Looks pretty good too i imagine the finished result will just as nice if not a great deal better than a rattle can fix.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
While at the dealership last week, I closely looked at the 2007 Tundra and noticed that the door handle looks the same as on our FJ.

Got me interested to do some experiment and order the black door handle covers (base model Tundra) from 1sttoyotaparts.com. The smaller cover with the keyhole came in but the door handle cover is on backorder.

Note: Removing the cover will damage/break the original.
Not so, check this thread. http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...nally.html?highlight=blacked+out+mirrors+door

·
Registered
140 Posts
Does this mean that if you take all the door innards off, you can get to the key hole to loosen something? I don't want to damage the originals :(

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Could you post part#'s please.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Great minds think alike.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Could you post part#'s please.

Cheers
Cover with key hole - $ 7.53/each - P/N 69217-0C010
Door handle cover - $ 12.59/each -Will post upon receipt from vendor and if the correct part.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Nice find.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Cover with key hole - $ 7.53/each - P/N 69217-0C010
Door handle cover - $ 12.59/each -Will post upon receipt from vendor and if the correct part.
Door handle (cover) is part #69210-0C010...

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 315 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.