Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
181 - 200 of 315 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Mine arrived today. Just have to get 10 minutes for the install.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
A visual installation of the Blacked Out Handle for those who need it (like myself) Added pictures to Sealevel's procedure.

1. Open Door, Identify Black Plasic plug on door jam and remove.

2. Loosen Torx fastener. The Torx fastener will not come out completely, or fall into the door, because it has a retainer clip which holds it in place.

3) You should now be able the pull the lock mechanism out.

4) Carefully take a small flat screw driver and pry the plastic lock cover off.

5) Slide the front part of the handle back and out.

6) Insert the new door handle into the opening of the door, slide it forward, and into position.

7) Snap the new lock cover onto the lock mechanism.

8) Insert the lock mechanism into the door, and tighten the Torx fastener

9) Front door handle swap complete!

Thanks NDA for such a great/simple mod!

T

·
Registered
127 Posts
What a great and easy mod.........did mine last week, thanks for everyones help!

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
A visual installation of the Blacked Out Handle for those who need it (like myself) Added pictures to Sealevel's procedure.

Thanks NDA for such a great/simple mod!

T
Good job!.
Thanks for taking pictures during the installation and sharing them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
These black ones are very cool, but I have been considering going with white on the bezel and the handles. Does Toyota have a part number for a white handle assembly?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts

T
Nicely done!:)

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts
Finally got around to swapping out my handles. And, I decided to paint the mirrors while I was at it.

Thanks again, NDA431FJ, for your great discovery!! :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Did mine today wish everything was that simple

·
Registered
458 Posts
thanx alot buddy- your picture tutorial really helped me out (extreme visual learner) --- just finished mine.
now i'm looking at tinting the front windows, painting the front bezel, and painting the side view mirrors... lol.. and so it begins.
;)thanx again
lol, quoted wrong person---
thanx to icruiser !!!!

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
These black ones are very cool, but I have been considering going with white on the bezel and the handles. Does Toyota have a part number for a white handle assembly?
THey only make gray (FJC), black (Tundra), and chrome (Tundra) - no white is produced, so you are on your own, my friend...:)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Tundra handle mod - DONE! Literally a 10 minute job at most. I went with the keyhole-less passenger cover. Anyone want Silver handles?:bananahump-slvrathl

toby

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Finally got around to swapping out my handles. And, I decided to paint the mirrors while I was at it.

Thanks again, NDA431FJ, for your great discovery!! :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

Dude, those dual black spotlights look awesome with the black mirrors! Nice.

·
Registered
227 Posts
HOW did I miss this thread? Black handles are just what I wanted! Need to check the part numbers on the first thread, but this doesn't look very hard/expensive at all - thanks!!!!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Just stopped by a dealer to order my parts. Should have them installed by Wed night (YEEEPEE)!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I just did my black door handles today. Took less than 10 minutes and looks great. Now I just need to do the side mirrors. BTW Larry Miller Toyota in Peoria has a set of these on hand. My parts guy ordered 2 sets.

·
Registered
485 Posts
So anyone selling their silver handles? A horse chewed on my passenger side one and scratched it up.

·
The Laughing Member
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner, 2002 Lexus SC420
9,119 Posts
So anyone selling their silver handles? A horse chewed on my passenger side one and scratched it up.

:lol: :lol: GREAT picture, Chrs!!

Save it for any upcoming monthly photo contests (i.e., "Livestock in your FJ," "Horsin' around in your FJ," "Increased FJ horsepower," etc.) :lol: :lol:

BTW, you can have my silver handles if you really need some. Drop me a PM with your address. :)

181 - 200 of 315 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.