Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wandering about some things ,do to the way ,rover-land cruiser -jeep guys act towards are little fjs ..hell i will throw in the taco guys also ..ive been getting into the overland stuff more than just plane wheeling ,camping etc on the trail and covering ground seem to be my enjoyment these days ,old i guess ..lol.. so how worthy is the fj for expiditions ?have many been done ?does africa have fjs there ?i know australia will soon have some ,so if a fellow aussie does a trail run will it give us US guys some more credit ?what got me thinking is my last trip there was a land rover ,sweet rig but wow was so heavy with all his dodads etc ,guys i know if needed i could have out wheeled that thing with ease and there was no oil under my fj after a nite of camping ..:lol:..but "its a rover "even some of the land cruiser guys seem to act like we are in a totally different class than them ,dont get me wrong i do drool over all these sweet rigs just wanted your thought on how worthy the fj is as a expidition rig ?i know it works for me ..thanks guys see ya on the trails ..jason:cheers:
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know it is ,just funny how its not proven in africa etc ..so we get these funny looks ..im in fort worth ,the pic is from the hill county ,kinda by austin ..dont know if i can promote ?but found these guys ,central overland ,and they scout out and plan diferent trips ,its good fo me here in texas as there is no public land ,we are doing a trip from arkansas to oklahoma through the ouachita mtns ..#3 trails not major but will be a good few days with my son ..

·
Registered
460 Posts
Isn't proven in Africa? Haha... Show me a Jeep that was proven in Africa... Or any part of the world other than the US for that matter... No other country worships those turds but us..

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
I say we take over the world....:rocker: Heck YES the FJ is expedition worthy, I use mine like crazy for my "expeditions". But I am in the USA only now. There are a lot of stigmas applied to the current use of the word "expedition". What is expedition worthy is a matter of what YOU use and need and where. The reason those others are so favored is they easier to work on (ie no computerized parts) and fix and parts are easier to find or switch out. Just think, how hard would it be to fix an FJ in the Congo....
So we need to take over the planet...then we can find parts all over...hehe.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I say we take over the world....:rocker: Heck YES the FJ is expedition worthy, I use mine like crazy for my "expeditions". But I am in the USA only now. There are a lot of stigmas applied to the current use of the word "expedition". What is expedition worthy is a matter of what YOU use and need and where. The reason those others are so favored is they easier to work on (ie no computerized parts) and fix and parts are easier to find or switch out. Just think, how hard would it be to fix an FJ in the Congo....
So we need to take over the planet...then we can find parts all over...hehe.
lol...we will take over australia soon.. im pretty happy with back country travel with my fj ..looking forward to next trip in a couple weeks ,just had to throw it out there ,lol,i know we can go everywhere they can ,and prob more places ..guess its up to us to show them ..:cheers:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Right on!:clap:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts