Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I recently purchased a 2010 FJ with 140k. The vehicle appears to be in great condition and I have not noticed in concerns with how it drives. I purchased the car from a GM dealer used-car lot and also bought a 3/36 drivetrain warranty for $1600 with a $500 deductible. I am able to get a refund on the warranty for a few more days and am in doubt. In the opinion of those with higher-mileage FJ vehicles is this drivetrain warranty a good purchase? I have read a lot about the low maintenance but I figured it would be nice to have transmission coverage up to 175k but . Thoughts?

·
Registered
254 Posts
So let me get this straight. If you have a transmission issue in the next 35k miles only, it'll end up costing you your 1600 plus the 500 deductible? So $2100 for 35k miles of tranny warranty?

I say pass, get your refund, stick the money into mods... You'll be fine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
IMHO Pass it up....put some of the cash you get back into some a driveline fluid changes.
Grab some Toyota WS and do a few drain / refills on the tranny and a good synthetic 75W90 and do the diffs and transfer case.

The engine and drive trains on these trucks are very reliable.
Assuming the previous owner didn't beat the heck out of it, if you keep the fluids fresh in these trucks they will return the favor with a very long service life.

·
Registered
664 Posts
You must be in a different country. Never been an issue with the A-750f Aisan. If an Extended warranty makes you feel good get it, it's your money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts