Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone needs to pay someone to clean up and consolidate this forum, there is a wealth of information, but even when I do the advanced search I get 100 plus threads of questions and BS on the topic I am searching and not the thread I'm looking for. google is actually a better engine than advanced search these days.

ANYHOO.. I know there was a thread about stock looking extended fenders for larger tires, not the bushwackers but a flat extended fenger. only reason I was looking was because someone on the SoCal forum liked em and one of the Japanese club had em. It will be a month at least untill I meet up with them again, so if anyone knows the ones I'm speaking of, please reply. Always good to hook a brother up.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Are these the ones you are referring to?

If so, Warrior Products says they aren't available yet - thread

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah, close. they are exactly like stock only wider.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope, not them either, they are black plastic, same as stock flares.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Not To hijack put you cold bend 1 1/2 tubing and form it around the wheel well fairly easily with a pipe bender. I see jeep guys do it all the time. Then just powder coat it what ever color you want and Bolt it up.

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
Thats been done many times already....thing is you need proper attachment points (bumper, slider, etc.) to make it functional and not just a show piece that will do more damage to your fenders than anything else would. More or less they are fender rails/open tube fenders, not really extended fenders like the OP described.

Look forward to seeing what fenders FJ Funjunkie is actually refering to, cause personally I'm not a fan of the cheap looking bushwackers. For $500 you are well on your way to proper tube fenders.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
They do however extend the fender so call them what you will. I do agree on the FJ it would do more damage than good on contact. Thanks for those pics sweet.

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
Guess I've just got a different viewpoint since they don't even touch the fender. Basically they are completely independent of the fenders comple. All semantics I guess, so no worries there. :cheers:

What I typically see refered to as a tube feners actually joins/touches the fender of the vehicle. See the image below for reference.

Still serve the same purpose though...trying to protect the fender. I'm eager to see though what the OP is reffering to cause I'd be interested in an alternative to bushwackers.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
I hear what your saying The TNT tube fenders for the jeep are my favorite and yes your correct the ones you posted pics of do leave a gap. Is that your FJ? SWEET

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
:lol: Thread title says, "not buttwankers ". That photo is of buttwankers flares (note the bushwacker.com in the image URL) :cheers:
I know what the thread says, but I thought maybe he didn't know that buttwankers :rofl: makes two types for the FJ and these seem to fit his description very well.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts