Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's first post been lurking for awile...great board.

Hopefully soon i will get my fj currently have trd tacoma,I will be buying preowned not new.The local Honda dealer has a nice 4x4 very clean, cheaper than any toyota dealers at the moment.There is still factory warranty, can i purchase the Toyota factory extended warranty as long as i do so before the factory warranty expires?

I guess the same question would go if i purchased an fj from a private owner and not a dealer?

Also there is no roof rack on the one from the honda dealer,are all the roof's the same where i could buy the roof rack and install it myself?

Thanks for any input,
KF

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
if you buy from dealership, then i believe you can..you dont have as long as original owner, but you can buy it at a later date. the dealer has more room to negotiate at time of purchase...if bought from individual, not real sure, but im sure you can go through a dealership and purchase one

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
.There is still factory warranty, can i purchase the Toyota factory extended warranty as long as i do so before the factory warranty expires?I guess the same question would go if i purchased an fj from a private owner and not a dealer?I don';t believe you can purchase the extended warranty after purchase or there was a very limited time after purchase. I have the 100K extended on mine but if I remember correctly I only had a couple of days to decide on it.

Also there is no roof rack on the one from the honda dealer,are all the roof's the same where i could buy the roof rack and install it myself?The answer is yes to putting an OEM roofrack on an un-racked rig. There is some hardware involved. An alternative is an ALLPRO or GOBI roofrack.

Thanks for any input,
KF
Be careful with non-Toyota extended warrantees as they can be misleading and expensive. Hope this helps.:)

·
Premium Member
6,512 Posts
IF, you can purchase an extended warranty, AND want one, then I highly recommend you ONLY purchase a Toyota warranty. Don't buy an second party warranty, there have been way too many that have gone out of business or wouldn't cover work done.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Hey guy's first post been lurking for awile...great board.

Hopefully soon i will get my fj currently have trd tacoma,I will be buying preowned not new.The local Honda dealer has a nice 4x4 very clean, cheaper than any toyota dealers at the moment.There is still factory warranty, can i purchase the Toyota factory extended warranty as long as i do so before the factory warranty expires?

I guess the same question would go if i purchased an fj from a private owner and not a dealer?

Also there is no roof rack on the one from the honda dealer,are all the roof's the same where i could buy the roof rack and install it myself?

Thanks for any input,
KF
Yes, the extended coverage plan is available for sale up until your original 3/36 expires. Most dealership's finance managers are willing to take a short profit on an "incremental" sale over-the-counter.

The only hazard is waiting till you have less than a month remaining on the time portion of the 3/36 if you have a problem, you may fit right in a crack in coverage.

All the roofs are the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the quick reply's everybody,hope to get an fj soon,will try to find one at a toyota dealer just to be safe.

KF

1 - 7 of 7 Posts