Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need extensions for my side mirrors when towing my snowmobile trailer...just got a ticket.:mecry:
I can not find extensions anywhere for the FJ and the dealer was no help either.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
837 Posts
This is an off topic question, but what was the ticket for?

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is an off topic question, but what was the ticket for?
New hampshire requires mirror extenions when the trailer you are towing is wider than the vehicle. I have an enclosed snowmobile trailer and I am unable to see down the sides of the trailer when towing due to the smaller vehicle / mirrors. This can be a problem when you want to change lanes or backing up. I have developed a method where I sway the trailer slightly and then I'm able to see down the side briefly enough to see if the lane is clear for changing lanes. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I use this one from Campingworld Prime Products - Extra Large Clip-on Tow Mirror - Mirrors - Camping World It apparently is not available on line from Campingworld anylonger but the model number is 10438. A google search should solve that. Almost like the CIPA mirror, this one is verticle, which seems like it fits the FJ's mirrors better. My only gripe is the shaking. But for a temp mount, it does the job well.

JH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts