Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a 2 Months ago I purchased a Complete Donahoe Racing Lift kit for the FJ Cruiser.

I have since added an All ProBumper, Warn Winch and custom sliders that weigh 75lbs a side as well as full skid plates and 100lbs of sound material.

The question is... Are the Donahoe's up to the task of supporting all this extra weight or should I be going with a different suspension set up that is more capable of damping the weight better like the OME Heavy set up?

Joe.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is Donahoes statment on the issue.

The springs on our coil-overs are rated for the stock weight of the Toyota trucks (Tacoma & Tundra or FJ). If a large amount of weight is added like a bumper, winch OR BOTH, the truck may sit slightly lower in the front.

I need to know how dampining is effected.... Any ideas?

For those that have Donahoe Coilovers how much stiffer is the suspension over stock?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have Donahoe's along with a Road Armor front bumper w/winch just installed. I do notice a slight difference in the front end dipping when I am comming to a stop. It is not a great big dip, but prior to my front bumper and winch install, my ride was a little stiffer than stock. I could tell a difference right off when I had the bumper and winch installed. The guys at the shop told me to drive around on it for around 500 miles and bring it back in and they would readjust the front coilovers. Overall, the Donahoe's have performed very well. I hope this helps.

UB

·
Registered
374 Posts
You can adjust for some of the additional weight by adjusting the collar on the threaded shock housing. This will in effect will cause the spring rate to increase as you are compressing the spring. Donahoe says not to exceed 2" of exposed thread between the top cap and adjuster ring.

As for the rear squatting, nothing you can do but swap out the springs to a higher spring rate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts