Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else receiving an automatic download? <f.txt file> I've deleted it a couple times already. Also showed up on my desktop computer and Samsung note 9 phone. I'm not sure what it is and don't want open a possible malware or trojan. It says it's downloading from here, maybe one of the pop up ads is transmitting?
Please let me know if anyone is seeing something similar.

·
Registered
695 Posts
looks like the forum is having issues, can't post new threads this morning

·
Registered
434 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Anyone else receiving an automatic download? <f.txt file> I've deleted it a couple times already. Also showed up on my desktop computer and Samsung note 9 phone. I'm not sure what it is and don't want open a possible malware or trojan. It says it's downloading from here, maybe one of the pop up ads is transmitting?
Please let me know if anyone is seeing something similar.
Yes, seems like the last two days. Not on all screens. Come up when I click on FORUMS for sure.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks like if you create a new post with a single letter in the title then quickly edit it to your desired title, you are able to create new posts.
It happened when I entered "FJ" in the title for me. I think the forum filters certain words as well. I ended up using "FJC" instead on the title and mine loaded after that

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I'm having this same issue. I think it comes from "Adsense", so it is some kind of script from an ad. It has happened on both Mac & PC. It only seems to happen when I am on forum websites though...

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Checked Norton and Malware Bytes logs, they are not upset about it. The system just asks if I want to download, save or cancel the file. I just cancel

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Hello there,

Just to confirm, is this still happening?
We noticed that this was happening on another site.
If so, I'll get this escalated.

Ed
Haven't seen it today. :smile

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Not today..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts