Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
I got the 6inch lift from RC and im wondering how much its going to bring me down.
It is a combo spacer/drop and coil lift right? If it is too much of a drop try asking Doug at Toytec for some help. I don't think he deals with or in RC but a small top plate spacer or something might help.

I don't think the Fab fours weighs in like an ARB though, I could be wrong. You may be okay. You won't regret replacing the stock bumper that is for sure.

Now... does fab fours make 4Runner bumpers? :thinkerg: (older gen)

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
The 109lb weight listed is without the winch. This is a very beefy, solid bumper. It definitely outweighs the ARB. Also, the version with the brush guard is about 130lbs. I am running the 130 pounder with a warn 9.5ti (with metal cable which ads about another 80 to 100 lbs. So with the brushguard version and winch you are looking at about 225 lbs. I have the OME heavy springs up front and mediums in the rear. I really don't sag that much, maybe a half inch. I don't know how to shrink photos in order to post, but I'd be happy to e-mail you pics if you want to see it. I don't know what it would do to a six inch lift if the springs are softer. Regardless, this is one bad ass bumper. That and my Budbuilt products are my favorite armor. I love the warn rear bumper, but don't like that you have to cut the plastic to mount it...Sorry to ramble. Good luck. You will LOVE this bumper if you get it.

·
Banned
3,684 Posts
It is a combo spacer/drop and coil lift right? If it is too much of a drop try asking Doug at Toytec for some help. I don't think he deals with or in RC but a small top plate spacer or something might help.

I don't think the Fab fours weighs in like an ARB though, I could be wrong. You may be okay. You won't regret replacing the stock bumper that is for sure.

Now... does fab fours make 4Runner bumpers? :thinkerg: (older gen)
Fab Fours Grille guard bumper - 130

ARB - 140

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Where did you find that weight listed for the ARB bumper. I was told it was closer to 90lbs. Regardless, you will be happy with either one. It really is just a matter of taste. Both are very well engineered bumpers.

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
How much does the front bumper w/winch make the truck sag?
Great thread wddup, I was unsure myself. Sagging is not my concern that much as to engine bay rips are. As I recall, from the engine bay poll, fabfours wasnt so bad. For the sagging, I remember the photo of RC 6" by rough country where they had the fab fours and it was sagging in the back ! Hope it helps, and I am leaning towards fans and hope for the best. Merry christmas all.
abdul

·
Registered
469 Posts
I bought the bumper and warn 9.5ti well christmas we all put in for it, including myself. Its a beauty although I havent put it on yet. We shall after christmas.
There are a few steps that they left out on the instructions like when installing the fog lights you have to trim part of the metal off of the light mounting area to fit it into there brackets. then the next is the condenser line in front of the radiator has to be carefully bent back to clear the winch and lastly the wiring diagram that is used to tell you which color to tap into for the marker and turn is wrong so you have to use a test light to make sure you connect it to the correct wire the first time. other than that its a great bumper to install.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts