Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Because of the weight of the tire/wheel and swingout itself, it was a PITA lifting it the 3+ inches to set it back up on the latch mount, which needed oil or something because the parts were rusty, and didn't move very good.
I bought the Fab Fours rear bumper sight-unseen, trusting in a good fabricating reputation. I was/have been very disappointed. Same sort of sag issues you noticed.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I was wondering if Larry would chime in on the rear bumper. He is the only person i have seen with it.
This is the first time i have heard bad news about their bumpers.

I'm planning to discount it on the order of 50% of purchase price and sell it on the Forum. Actually, it's not a bad deal at that price. If you're not going to put a HEAVY spare on it the way I have and wheel a lot, it's a good way to go at the discounted price. The bumper looks great. But for what I paid for it, it was disappointing.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Thank You for your honest input! I have been saving up quite awhile to purchase that Fab Four bumper! You mention the bumper slips down? What does that mean? If I purchase one will they have this problem solved? This news really sucks and is very dissapointing!!! Sorry for your dissapointment too. I Hope anyone who purchased this bumper and is having problems posts up and also post what the manufacturer is doing as far as customer service and satisfaction to resolve this issue! Can't imagine a bumper slipping and maybe falling off.:flame:
I can only share my experience. Fab Fours, the manufacturer is not doing anything to make things right.

Let the buyer beware.

I was stupid. I relied on their SEMA truck design (different than the one they sell now) and upon their past glory. I paid the price for being stupid and bought a bumper that was in NO WAY worth what I paid for it. Rather than complain directly, Jason DeMello (Demello Offroad) carried my cause to them and in effect, they told him to pound sand. Jason offered a Forum Group-Buy on the bumper and that's how I bought it.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
edit: okay so whats the issue with swing out.. I need one cause of my tire size and was thinking of saving up for this bumper. (hint: uphill) :D
I'll sell you mine for 50% of purchase price plus shipping. Mine is like new - do dents or scratches.

Thanks for sharing this info. I was considering a FF Rear, but no longer.
What about at the price above?

the swing out sags when you open it and I'm pretty sure it's like that with heavier spare or not
The heavier spare is just more weight back there.

please don't let this thread make your final decision.
No, buy mine. 50% off and I've only had it three months. What a bargain! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Larry you are really trying to push this thing out the door!
Yes. It would be much easier to sell it to someone local for the sake of shipping. I intended to keep it on through the Summit simply as a matter of convenience and sell it after that, but yes, it's going to be sold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts