Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as I would like to say only positive things, since it does look great. I'm a bit dissatisfied by the overall product. So far we have had to reset our bumper twice. When looking at the mount it looks to only be held on by two screws at most. She slips down all the time and after talking with other Fabfour bumper owners it seems they experience the same problem. They've even had to come up with a mod to keep it in place. What a drag. I noticed it after having to winch quite a bit out of steel bender when we busted our diff. It slipped a good inch away from where it's suppose to sit. Our dealer is setting her into place and drilling a few more holes to make it stationary. Hopefully this is the only thing we have to do.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I don't think we'll ever get a rear bumper now that we are naked back there. I'll have to change my signiture..hehe... I heard the fabfour rear swing out was horrible too. Just not that thought out..ya know?

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Don't get me wrong I love this bumper. It looks great..but as Tisilverfj had mention I too got water in my light socket after the first carwash. I've been driving around a fish bowl for a little over a year now.
We will probably keep the bumper..it is my favorite design also. But I would never get the rear bumper based on two points..the swing out being bad...and they don't make the bumper without the swing out..

Voodoo Girl she was showing off some let..LOL with her skirt up so high (no bumper) but we're going to keep her that way and fab up roll bars to go over the corner panels. She'll look sweet!

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It sounds you guys found the right thing to do to keep from slipping...but in all honesty.. should you have had to do this?

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh also as manufacturers being aware of their product's flaws I haven't mentioned anything... we're just "dealing" with it.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have to fish bowl problem too but I felt it was more of a hella issue than fabfours. I was going to drill a small drain hole on the bottom of the hella (in the rear) to let the water out. Never have had a problem with the bumper moving but I like the weld idea..

edit: okay so whats the issue with swing out.. I need one cause of my tire size and was thinking of saving up for this bumper. (hint: uphill) :D
the swing out sags when you open it and I'm pretty sure it's like that with heavier spare or not

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks for sharing this info. I was considering a FF Rear, but no longer. I am actually more concerned by the lack of response from FF than I am the actual problem. Design flaws happen. Disregard for one's customers should never happen.
please don't let this thread make your final decision. They may have redesigned it by now. I haven't taken the time to look into it.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Well I definitely got a nice snug fit now when I hit the grown comin down a fin on fins and things...

Toledo I'm glad you haven't had any problems with yours, I wish I could say the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts