Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Wow! Hope the extra holes/bolts fix it.

On another note, I went to the Off-road Expo, and was able to get a hands-on look at the Fab Fours rear bumper. Disappointing to say the least. Especially for the amount of $ they want. I unlatched the swingout, and it must've dropped at least 3". The whole hinge side of the bumper was flexing, and couldn't hold the weight. I lifted up on it a few times and I literally could watch it flex. Then I almost couldn't close it, because it had dropped so far. Because of the weight of the tire/wheel and swingout itself, it was a PITA lifting it the 3+ inches to set it back up on the latch mount, which needed oil or something because the parts were rusty, and didn't move very good.

Just something to think about before you get the FF rear. Hopefully you can meet up with someone that has one, and check it out first, before you spend the cash. I'd like to know if theirs is like that too.

K

·
Registered
750 Posts
yeah I don't think we'll ever get a rear bumper now that we are naked back there. I'll have to change my signiture..hehe... I heard the fabfour rear swing out was horrible too. Just not that thought out..ya know?
Everyone at spring fling saw your naked rear :rofl::rofl::rofl: You weren't shy about it at all.

The fj looks pretty tough that way. And you have tons of clearance.

I bought the Fab Fours rear bumper sight-unseen, trusting in a good fabricating reputation. I was/have been very disappointed. Same sort of sag issues you noticed.
I think for the price, that's horrible, and they should do something about it. Wither lower the $, or make it worth it.

K

1 - 2 of 2 Posts