Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I have to fish bowl problem too but I felt it was more of a hella issue than fabfours. I was going to drill a small drain hole on the bottom of the hella (in the rear) to let the water out. Never have had a problem with the bumper moving but I like the weld idea..

edit: okay so whats the issue with swing out.. I need one cause of my tire size and was thinking of saving up for this bumper. (hint: uphill) :D

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have to fish bowl problem too but I felt it was more of a hella issue than fabfours. I was going to drill a small drain hole on the bottom of the hella (in the rear) to let the water out. Never have had a problem with the bumper moving but I like the weld idea..

edit: okay so whats the issue with swing out.. I need one cause of my tire size and was thinking of saving up for this bumper. (hint: uphill) :D
the swing out sags when you open it and I'm pretty sure it's like that with heavier spare or not

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks for sharing this info. I was considering a FF Rear, but no longer. I am actually more concerned by the lack of response from FF than I am the actual problem. Design flaws happen. Disregard for one's customers should never happen.
please don't let this thread make your final decision. They may have redesigned it by now. I haven't taken the time to look into it.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Thanks for this.....I was planning on ordering a front bumper from Fabfour today...think I'll do more research. Thank you for sharing this.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I'll sell you mine for 50% of purchase price plus shipping. Mine is like new - do dents or scratches.

Thanks for sharing this info. I was considering a FF Rear, but no longer.
What about at the price above?

the swing out sags when you open it and I'm pretty sure it's like that with heavier spare or not
The heavier spare is just more weight back there.

please don't let this thread make your final decision.
No, buy mine. 50% off and I've only had it three months. What a bargain! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Larry you are really trying to push this thing out the door!

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Larry you are really trying to push this thing out the door!
Yes. It would be much easier to sell it to someone local for the sake of shipping. I intended to keep it on through the Summit simply as a matter of convenience and sell it after that, but yes, it's going to be sold.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Well I definitely got a nice snug fit now when I hit the grown comin down a fin on fins and things...

Toledo I'm glad you haven't had any problems with yours, I wish I could say the same.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts