Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Notice the bezel and bumper. That's what Toyota was trying to emulate. Not that yours isn't very cool, but retro was the idea for the FJC. I painted my bezel white, kept the wings gray.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I like it! When I do mine I'm thinking I'll mix some silver with black for the letters. Are you going to do the middle bumper insert?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I debated the white for a while, but decided I’d rather do the black. I’m keeping the roof white, however. That’s my tribute to the vintage look.

As for the silver valance, I’m going to paint that as well. I only had time for the bezel. I’m hoping to get the door handles and mirrors painted this week, then the front and rear bumper valances and the rear bumper wings next week. And I REALLY like the bumper wing eliminators on the front!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would recommend buying tundra handles, they come in flat black and won’t wear out like painted door handles.

I blacked mine out same as you with paint, but purchased the handles because I was worried about them getting to much wear.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think the Sequoia handles are the same as well. Cheap cheap, almost as cheap as a can of paint.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
I would recommend buying tundra handles, they come in flat black and won’t wear out like painted door handles.

I blacked mine out same as you with paint, but purchased the handles because I was worried about them getting to much wear.
What year Tundra handles. My Fj is an 07 so is it also 07 Tundra :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts