Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it's finally occruing to me after almost 10 months owning my FJ, that the factory alarm [I paid for] doesn't actually seem to be installed.

Yeah - OK, I'm obviously a bit slow...

Anyway, besides the convenience package keyless entry features such as door lock/unlock and panic mode, I don't have any dash "alarm" indicator light, not do I have I have any switch to de-activate the interior motion sensor. Come to think of it, I don't even have an owners manual for the alarm system.

Perhaps I'm just a dumba$$ and have never really given it much thought, but for those of you have the factory alaram, can you describe what "you have" with it and the features included?

Thank you in advance...

A.W.D.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
The only visual tell for the factory alarm is either the proximity sensor switch or the "switch" that contains the microphone for the glass-breakage sensor.

Either of these would be mounted in the switch bank below the radio.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah hah!

I thought so, and of course is not in my vehicle...
I'm thinking back to the dealer with next service with a question or two or three.

A.W.D.

The only visual tell for the factory alarm is either the proximity sensor switch or the "switch" that contains the microphone for the glass-breakage sensor.

Either of these would be mounted in the switch bank below the radio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.