Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - recently my alarm system its an automate AM1 OEM upgrade offered by the dealer - has started honking when i turn my car off after driving it - it beeps twice shortly, then 1 long beep - and its really getting on my nerves to the point i disconnected it - has any one had any experience with this problem?

·
Registered
734 Posts
take it back to the dealer.
with my aftermarket alarm, I can 'arm' it while driving.. so when I get highjacked (somebody opens the door), it'll go off. maybe it's something similar? if not, it might just be bad wiring.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Your best bet is to just take it back to the dealer and have them take a look at it.:bandit:

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I would take it back to the dealer as well. The "dealer" alarms, including mine, only cost them a few bucks. Make them replace it.. Ron

EDIT.. PS: I won't say that..

Hi all - recently my alarm system its an automate AM1 OEM upgrade offered by the dealer - has started honking when i turn my car off after driving it - it beeps twice shortly, then 1 long beep - and its really getting on my nerves to the point i disconnected it - has any one had any experience with this problem?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
take it back to the dealer.
with my aftermarket alarm, I can 'arm' it while driving.. so when I get highjacked (somebody opens the door), it'll go off. maybe it's something similar? if not, it might just be bad wiring.
lol arming it while driving... there is a grounding wire not hooked up, that allows you to do that

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
I'd love a feature in an alarm where you hit a button and 30 seconds later the car dies. Great carjack device! It would give the driver enough time to beat feet and get to a safe place before the carjacker is left stranded.

Sorry for the thread-jack!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I'd love a feature in an alarm where you hit a button and 30 seconds later the car dies. Great carjack device! It would give the driver enough time to beat feet and get to a safe place before the carjacker is left stranded.

Sorry for the thread-jack!
Meow look... if the alarm is going off the starter becomes disabled, til the alarm re-arms :ninja:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts