Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toyota has all kinds of TRD options, but most are not an option from the factory. Why not add these to the list of add-ons when purchasing a new FJ?

It would be nice if you could get your FJ with the CAI installed from the factory, and it would be cheaper and installed cleaner than buying it after the fact.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I don't think you have installed the TRD intake yourself than if you think it can be done in a better way. It is the simplest thing i have bolted on, and i have bolted on EVERYTHING to my FJ.

The only things i can think of that are TRD that you cannot get "from the factory" are the supercharger, CAI, and maybe some other bling accesories. (shift knobs and such)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think you have installed the TRD intake yourself than if you think it can be done in a better way. It is the simplest thing i have bolted on, and i have bolted on EVERYTHING to my FJ.

The only things i can think of that are TRD that you cannot get "from the factory" are the supercharger, CAI, and maybe some other bling accesories. (shift knobs and such)
I agree, it is a piece of cake to install, but it is also more expensive and wasteful (the old OEM air filter assy needs to be reallocated) than getting it installed from the factory on a new FJ.

I just wanted to tell Toyota :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Well it'd be nice to just have it sitting in the engine from the factory, although that just takes the fun out of working on your FJ.:rocker:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts