Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toyota has all kinds of TRD options, but most are not an option from the factory. Why not add these to the list of add-ons when purchasing a new FJ?

It would be nice if you could get your FJ with the Supercharger installed from the factory, and it would be cheaper and installed cleaner than buying it after the fact.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
By doing so you won't have to pay the dealership to install the S/C, but I highly doubt that they will offer that as a factory option. You might be able to finance it in when you buy the car but it won't be installed from the factory.:cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
My guess would be that factory optioned cars would have worse gas mileage and would lower Toyota's CAFE. Once Toyota has sold the car, apparently the EPA and CARB haven't figured out a way to penalize Toyota for what you might install on your car.

Anthropogenic global warming is the biggest and most expensive scientific fraud perpetrated in history. Tiny variations in the nuclear output of the sun overwhelm any slight effect human carbon conservation efforts might have. Yes Mr. Gore, the biggest influence on the temperature of the earth is Mr. Sun! Every country has discovered, as their economies tank, that they can no longer afford to waste trillions appeasing environmentalist extremists while people need jobs, health care, roads, affordable gasoline and electricity, etc. Only California madly soldiers on, thinking it can save the planet.

Environmentalists are no longer a bunch of well intentioned harmless cranks. They are the new political and economic establishment that sucks hundreds of millions of tax dollars in research and subsidies and are proposing trillions of dollars in global carbon taxes.

I LOVE THE ENVIRONMENT; BUT I HATE ENVIRONMENTALISTS!

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
So the evil scientists and environmentalists made up global warming just so they could destroy the global economy. Right.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, let's just agree to disagree for the next few years. After that, when increasing CAFE requirements have us all driving Smart cars, we can revisit the issue and discuss just what motivates environmentalists, aside from the hundreds of billions they're making off of anthropogenic global warming.

Where do you think four wheeling fits into their picture? Here's an example:

I live near Grover Beach, CA where 90% is set aside for some bird. 10% is used by the public for four wheeling. I think it's the only beach in CA that you can take your 4X4 onto. Of course, 90% of the pie is not enough for the environmentalists, they want all the beach closed to vehicles. That half the businesses in Grover Beach would close means nothing to them.

Where do you think superchargers fit into their picture?

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
aside from the hundreds of billions they're making off of anthropogenic global warming.
I do agree that the environmentalists approach and goals are on the extreme side but I do object to villifying them to the point of making them synonymous with the Fortune 500 profit motive guys they oppose. Call me an idealist. I think their no-compromise take-no-prisoners attitude is borne out of the rationale that, with time, you end up with nothing left to give if you continue to compromise. Wetlands are a good example (the vast majority are gone already).

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Your conversation has nothing to do with more factory power.
What? Are you the digression police? Well as a matter of fact the digression had to do with the fact or contention that performance enhancing options might be politically difficult to produce due to their real or potential effects on fuel economy/greenhouse gases. And yes, I like my Supercharger.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Your conversation has nothing to do with more factory power. Now back to the super charger.
A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away one of my high school teachers was trying to brainwash my class into accepting the idea that no one needed more than 100 HP to get to work (let alone recreational driving). I'm surprised that over the years I haven't seen environmentalists propose a law like this.

Environmentalism isn't big business? How about that half a billion dollar loan to Solindra? A large part of the trillion dollar stimulus package went to "green jobs"; Obama has boasted about it. "Big Business" wanted to build that pipeline from Canada into the US but the project has been blocked by the Obama administration at the behest of environmentalists.

Sorry about the rant, but the EPA and CARB have A LOT do do with the fact superchargers aren't a factory option and STILL AREN'T available for 2010's on. One of the things that has happened since the superchargers were designed for the 07s is that the CAFE has been raised. In the future, the fuel economy numbers will be so high a car like the FJ will not be available unless it's built out of carbon fiber, which means it won't be affordable. If a car isn't affordable, it may not even be built at all since it can't be built in enough numbers.

No my friends, the environmentalist lobby is far more powerful today than "big business." "Big Business" would be happy to sell all the superchargers and cubic inches we could buy. To the degree you see turbo and supercharging being adopted it is being marketed as getting V-8 performance out of a V-6; and getting 4 cylinder performance from a V-6. I don't feel I owe anyone any apologies or need to concoct excuses if I want a supercharged V-8 and I want to drive it off road in some area that is SUPPOSED to be owned by the public and is most certainly being paid for with public funds.

Well, if America doesn't vote for four more years of green economic suicide, some folks might get jobs at Toyota building FJ supercharger kits to burn the gasoline that could be produced by Americans right in our own country.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.