Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota has all kinds of TRD options, but most are not an option from the factory. Why not add these to the list of add-ons when purchasing a new FJ?

It would be nice if you could get your FJ with the TRD Exhaust installed from the factory, and it would be cheaper and installed cleaner than buying it after the fact.

AFAIK, this is only available from the factory on the special edition FJs (TRD/TT).

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have a 2007 VB that came with the TRD exhaust. I have seen a few others around that have the TRD exhaust from the factory (non TRD SE, or TT).

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Yeah, this WAS offered as a factory option, as well as the TRD rock rails ( i think those were marketed as TRD), and i believe the brush guard might be as well.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I have an '07 BD and it came with a number of TRD additions - the exhaust and "Performance Air Cleaner" (just a K&N-style filter). The dealers in the Seattle/Tacoma area all seemed to have stripped models on up to loaded ones and at the time I wanted a loaded one. Now, I realize there are items I paid for that I've subsequently changed out and perhaps should've just started with the basics.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Yeah, this WAS offered as a factory option, as well as the TRD rock rails ( i think those were marketed as TRD), and i believe the brush guard might be as well.
Yeah, the rock rails are a good example of something I'd like to change. Heavy and sturdy as h*ll, but I'd like 'em to double as a step.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Mine came with the rock rails, brush guard, skid plate and TRD exhuast. I don't recall theskid plate, rock rails and brush guard being referred to as a TRD option, but that may very well be the case. I would have to look at the sticker. Was the TRD cold air intake a factory option? I shopped around quite a bit and don't remember seeing one with the intake.

As far as the exhaust, all the '08s that I have seen have at best the standard exhaust with the chrome tip.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Mine came with the rock rails, brush guard, skid plate and TRD exhuast. I don't recall theskid plate, rock rails and brush guard being referred to as a TRD option, but that may very well be the case. I would have to look at the sticker. Was the TRD cold air intake a factory option? I shopped around quite a bit and don't remember seeing one with the intake.

As far as the exhaust, all the '08s that I have seen have at best the standard exhaust with the chrome tip.
No, the intake is not a factory option. I don't know for a fact about those accessories i listed, i have just read people call them that.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
TRD exhaust came with my FJ, so did the rock rails, and skid plates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts