Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Factory (OEM) Rear Entertainment System (Headrest) PT900-35070 will fit all years (to 2014)?
They only come in Dark Charcoal, retail for $1,499.

I have a 2013 I'm looking to put this into. I'm guessing this won't mess with the active headrest (in case of crash).

Looks like you also need: PT900-35070-BK (Rear Seat Entertainment, Bracket For Audio Interface Module).

Yes, I know I can get aftermarket for much cheaper, but I like OEM parts.

Product Font Material property Rectangle Screenshot

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Does anyone know if the Factory (OEM) Rear Entertainment System (Headrest) PT900-35070 will fit all years (to 2014)?

I have a 2013 I'm looking to put this into. I'm guessing this won't mess with the active headrest (in case of crash).

Looks like you also need: PT900-35070-BK (Rear Seat Entertainment, Bracket For Audio Interface Module).
If you Google for "PT900-35070 site:fjcruiserforums.com" you can see other instances of that part # discussed here, there isn't much. The first link is the install instructions in PDF format.

This was never a factory-installed option in US FJ's, it looks like a dealer add-on if somebody really wanted it. I've looked at hundreds of FJ's listed for sale and I've never seen this installed on one. Not to say that you can't do it, other people have and here's the best thread I've seen so far with install examples.

The only reason I can think that it shows '07-'08 but not later is that the earlier trucks may not have had the side airbags in the seats? Which is just one more thing to keep an eye out for when doing the wiring install through the seat I guess.

It's not really a question of "aftermarket is cheaper" but that DVD is a dated platform that takes up a lot of space. A Kindle Fire tablet for kids is ~1/10th the price or less, can download movies and do a lot more than a DVD player. Not trying to talk you out of doing it -- if you do, post photos so other people can see how you did it -- but the price of these parts is pretty high for how outdated they are.

Either way, good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! I did do an extensive Google Search and Forum search before posting - lead to nothing material.

I want in-head rest monitors because it takes up the least amount of room (and also like OEM fit and finish) - but don't want aftermarket because the aftermarket providers specifically say there could be issues with the active headrests during a crash. Don't really want to mess with that with my family driving it. I figure the OEM's are safe because 07-08 did have active headrests.

I could buy two iPads and call it a day, but want a permanent solution.

The other solution is aftermarket that mounts to the back of the headrest, which might work best.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Chedman13

I have this entertainment system installed in my FJ. It's an 08 TT. The only issue I see you having is connecting it to the head unit with the later years as it may be different. Fit and finish looks nice. Screen resolution could be better, but the screen is 12 years old so its expected. Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

I'm wondering if I can install it and not connect it to the head unit - I'm guessing that is possible and it just doesn't play through the speakers and only the headphones?

Any photos would be awesome whenever you get a chance!

Chedman13

I have this entertainment system installed in my FJ. It's an 08 TT. The only issue I see you having is connecting it to the head unit with the later years as it may be different. Fit and finish looks nice. Screen resolution could be better, but the screen is 12 years old so its expected. Let me know if you have any other questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts