Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I have an 07 which doesn not come with the reversing sensors. And Id like to add it, because driving this beast with its blind spots is going to take some getting used to.

my question is, does anyone know if toyota sells a full reversing sensor kit? or how to go about picking one up?

FYI - first time FJ owner...Have only had it 4 days...sorry if it sounds like a newbie question. Thanks in adavnce

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Not sure on adding sensors, but you'll probably upgrade the FJammer and many offer cameras. I went with a Rosen, didn't opt for cameras, but it's available.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Check out the Rosen. It's a direct factory replacement, so it's plug and play, no dash mods or kits. Steering wheel controls, aux input all work, no modification. Has Nav, Bluetooth, iPod integration and Sat radio (option separate, or conbined) as well as camera. If you search Rosen, a thousand questions I posed (most answered by Catman) will show. Nav antennae under on front speaker, sat radio under the other, so it's clean look.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Didn't know that some didn't come with sensors. I agree with you on the blind spots. Here's what I did about it. Maybe it helps.
There's a few that came without just about everything. No cruise, power mirrors, rear wiper, sensors, marker lamps, etc.

Tough to find but they do exist.

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
There are dozens of parking sensor systems listed on Amazon.com, just search for "parking sensors". I have never bought, installed or used an aftermarket kit but there are plenty to check out reviews on and they seem to range from $30 to well over $100.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts