Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I crushed my factory skidplate bracket (which I understand is not hard to do) and I need to get it straightened back into it's original shape or replace it. The shops in my town will not straighten it...they say it will make it brittle.

Can these brackets be purchased separately from the skidplate?

I do not really want to put any money into fixing a factory skid, since I plan to get some budbuilt's in the spring. Any help would be appreciated.

CW

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Get the budbuilt one piece to replace the factory skid for now. Bud will give you the package discount if you add one piece at a time to obtain the full set.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The part you guys are missing is that i am broke for now. No cash for skids till spring. I need to fix this to hold me over until then. Any other suggestions.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it is not the bling skidplate. It is the factory OEM skidplate. Anyone got a spare passenger side OEM skid plate bracket?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Is this what you are talking about?

If so then brackets are welded on. You can have mine if you want to pay shipping but someone closer to you should have one. This comes standard equipment I think, and what we are calling bling is what you may be referring to.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is this what you are talking about?

If so then brackets are welded on. You can have mine if you want to pay shipping but someone closer to you should have one. This comes standard equipment I think, and what we are calling bling is what you may be referring to.
nope. I am talking about the black steel brackets for the factory aluminum skidplate. I'll take pictures and post them up to illustrate what I mean.

·
Registered
839 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pm sent. Thanks alot. This should hold me over until i can scrape up some funds for good skids.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FYI, Pitbull, The Toyota OEM skid plate is NOT the bling skid plate. Toyota does not manufacture the bling skidplate w/ the FJ logo cut in it. We are discussing the Toyota OEM silver aluminum skid plate.

Thanks for the input though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts