21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser 6MT Sunfusion
244 Posts
This is a very old thread but hopefully someone here can shed light on whether the poster is referring to the left or right side of the vehicle. He talks about the glove box numerous times but is he talking about the storage area in front of the steering wheel or the storage compartment/glovebox on the passenger side of the vehicle. Poster indicates he posted photos but I can't see that he did. If anyone has done what he describes, please elaborate.
i recently utilized the factory plug located above the glove box to wire my front components. the input and door output are on one side of the connector, the tweeters in the dash are on the other side of the connector. i cut the connector off (no intentions on ever putting factory speakers in, and will leave the existing ones installed if i sell it) a simple test to find out what wire was what, and using the tweeter to obtain wire color/polarity i did not have to run a single wire, and the crossovers stow nicely in the area between the radio and the glove box upper cover. i did take a couple pics on my blackberry...ill upload them soon if there is interest.
Thanks,
Bibb in San Antonio

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser 6MT Sunfusion
244 Posts
Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Bibb in San Antonio

21 - 26 of 26 Posts