Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I've ordered my FJ, so I'm already trying to sort out options I want for her.

As mine will be one of the first in Australia I'm looking for a lot of help from this forum.

The first options I'll be fitting will be a second battery, then lights, heated shower, dual fuel tank and an air commpressor. But I want to use the Factory Switches I've been looking to source switches but I still can't find factory looking switches.

Out of the eight buttons the Australian version has four that are used (diff lock, A-track,

I want to keep the look standard, I'm wondering who knows where I can source factory fitting buttons for accessories

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
I would at least recommend a light when on especially for roof lights. You could be driving for hours with them on during the day and never know it. Just my 2 cents. I agree the factory always makes it look factory and neat but those buttons are a bad design its hard to tell if their in or out.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I understand your desire to use OEM switches and for a couple of accessories they are nice. Like for aux and roof lights, you can use the OEM harnesses and switches.

But they are very expensive, IMO your money could be better spent by purchasing a sPod. It comes w/ 6 Contura rocker switches, relays, fuses, etc...

Toyota FJ Cruiser / Tacoma

4 switches to left of wheel

2 expensive OEM switches for roof and aux added and 2 Contura rockers

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
i understand your desire to use oem switches and for a couple of accessories they are nice. Like for aux and roof lights, you can use the oem harnesses and switches.

But they are very expensive, imo your money could be better spent by purchasing a spod. It comes w/ 6 contura rocker switches, relays, fuses, etc...

toyota fj cruiser / tacoma

4 switches to left of wheel

2 expensive oem switches for roof and aux added and 2 contura rockers
sweet set up!!!

·
Registered
952 Posts
5AND5TORM,
Where did you get the Contura switches?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I feel bad that I have not provided info that the OP asked for, so here you go.
TRD Source is where I got my OEM switches. I was going to buy the fog, but for $42...

aux light icon = PT297-35070-AS $42.00 Auxiliary Lights Switch
roof light icon = PT297-35072-LS $53.59 Offroad Lights Switch
fog light icon = PT297-35061-AS $42.00 Fog Lights Switch

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Is the OTRATTW switch an exact fit for the FJ blank or do they need to be trimmed?

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Is the OTRATTW switch an exact fit for the FJ blank or do they need to be trimmed?
You have to trim them a little bit.
Buy their switch holder and mounted them somewhere you want like I did, on the driver side seat plastic cover.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
The blanks need to be trimmed more than just a little, they're a very poor fit in the factory holes but they do work.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I appreciate the responses. I guess I'll keep looking.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
I too have the OTRATTW switches. They aren't factory, but they are a great switch for the price.

IMG_0220 by cnckart, on Flickr
Hoping not continuing a dead thread, but trying to get a handle on what the next step for wiring/switching. First question is, can the Diff Lock/atrac/parking/acc power switches be replaced with the OTRATTW switch offerings?

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
I just got another factory switch and harness. It was about sixty three or so. I like that I know it will fit and it looks like the rest. I may have slight OCD though.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Damn 5and5, you've got more buttons than my military uniforms! Nice set-up.

Jerry:cheers:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts