Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 FJ with Bridgestones on it, but why have I been seeing other FJ's at dealerships with different tire options from time to time? I saw an 08 the other day with BF Rugged trail (still had his paper plates in the window so i doubt he already bought new wheels). Do different dealers...or regions get different tires? I'm really just curious why stock tires are different between dealers.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
To the best of my knowledge there were four tires used on the 08's. The BFG AT, the BFG RT, Bridgestone and Dunlop. I believe the standard 17's came with the Bridgestone and Dunlop, the "Off Road" package with the RT's and the TRD/TT's with the AT's. Those are the only ones I've seen from the factory. Ron

I have an 07 FJ with Bridgestones on it, but why have I been seeing other FJ's at dealerships with different tire options from time to time? I saw an 08 the other day with BF Rugged trail (still had his paper plates in the window so i doubt he already bought new wheels). Do different dealers...or regions get different tires? I'm really just curious why stock tires are different between dealers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the 08 w/off road package and yes it comes with BFG R/T 265/75R-16. The TT edition has BFG A/T on TRD rims in the same size. The standard FJ's are shipping w/ Bridgestones or Dunlop in a 265/70R-17.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
my 08 came with 17" alloys clad with Bridgestone Dueler HT....they sucked anywhere but highway.

three days later put on Nitto Terra Grapplers, 295x70x17 :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! After posting I investigated the Toyota site and saw that the all terrain package came with the rugged trail. I guess you learn something new every day. I just got thinking about tires after getting my first flat with the FJ the other day.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I don't have the "off-road' package, but I have the 16's and BFG RT's. So far, I like the tires.. Ron

Thanks! After posting I investigated the Toyota site and saw that the all terrain package came with the rugged trail. I guess you learn something new every day. I just got thinking about tires after getting my first flat with the FJ the other day.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't have the "off-road' package, but I have the 16's and BFG RT's. So far, I like the tires.. Ron
I have seen Toyota do stuff like that. Did the dealer change them or where the tire and rims on your window sticker. I saw a 2007 last year at a Toyota display at the IL State Fair. It had BFG A/T on 16" Toyota rims that I have never seen before or since. I later saw the same FJ at the local dealer and almost bought it. They would not give any better deal than the 2008 I got. Figured I gain a year of depreciation. I wonder if they do some of these mod at the port of entry. The 2008 I have came w/ sliders, brush guard, TRD exhaust, and the off-road package. All of the additions were on the window sticker and not installed by the dealer.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I had the dealer switch them out with another FJ that shipped with the "Off-Road" package. I couldn't find one with all the stuff I wanted, so we did a little horse trading...LOL.. A local dealer had one that was almost exactly what i wanted, but it had the roof rack and didn't have the "Off-Road" package. I'm not really a fan of factory Bilstein shocks, but wanted the rest of the package. I eventually got the dealer to deduct the price of the rack, give me the pre-filter and switch the wheels and tires... I figured the BFG RT's were the lessor of evils on tires.. LOL.. So far they have not proven me wrong. They stick like glue on the street.. Cheers.. Ron

I have seen Toyota do stuff like that. Did the dealer change them or where the tire and rims on your window sticker. I saw a 2007 last year at a Toyota display at the IL State Fair. It had BFG A/T on 16" Toyota rims that I have never seen before or since. I later saw the same FJ at the local dealer and almost bought it. They would not give any better deal than the 2008 I got. Figured I gain a year of depreciation. I wonder if they do some of these mod at the port of entry. The 2008 I have came w/ sliders, brush guard, TRD exhaust, and the off-road package. All of the additions were on the window sticker and not installed by the dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts