Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am going to be at NAS Fallon in Nevada (like an hour east of Reno) And was wondering where the spots to go for offroading and camping are.

I am going to be out there for a month and a half and will have my FJ with me. My preferred camping style is to offroad for a while, and wen w find a nice secluded spot just make camp there.

Any one have any cool spots to check out?

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Dude, last time I was in Fallon I was DIEING to have both my FJ and my motorcycle there! I wish I could help you with you question, though. But since I had neither there, I didn't do much research on the good spots. Instead I went to Reno and got freaky :up_to_something:

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
My brother in law works up in Fallon with you. He's out of town for training ATM, but I'll hit him up for some ideas when he gets back. Hopefully within your timeframe.

·
Registered
191 Posts
So I am going to be at NAS Fallon in Nevada (like an hour east of Reno) And was wondering where the spots to go for offroading and camping are.

I am going to be out there for a month and a half and will have my FJ with me. My preferred camping style is to offroad for a while, and wen w find a nice secluded spot just make camp there.

Any one have any cool spots to check out?
You'll want to post this question on the link below. There are a couple guys in Fallon who will help you get into all kinds of trouble. I can personally recommend the Steamshovel Trail in the Dixie Valley/mtns. Sand Mountain is also a good place for some fun on one 600-foot high sand dune.

NV- Battle Born Cruisers of Northern Nevada

·
Registered
838 Posts
Been 30 years since I have been there but there were a couple of friendly trailer parks just off base and the sand dunes were a blast, there are also a couple of target ranges out there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts