Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really enjoyed the Summit this year and wanted to thank Tim,Ty,Seth and the Toyota people along with all the sponsors for their support.Its fun being with people having similar interests yet varied in their backrounds.I hope everyone made it home safe.It was delightful getting back to Phoenix with 114 degree heat today.Thanks again to everyone.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
My first Summit and it was outstanding...i was worn out every night from wheeling all day...then eating too much...drinking too much and rising early again for more wheeling.

I also want to thank Tim and Mark (metal tech) for letting us do an adhoc auction at the Metal Tech saloon party for the RESCUE TELLICO fund.......as well as Mark giving some comments during raffle for further encouragement of donations.

Looks like we got nearly $1400 over the two adhoc nights of giving by you kind people.

Thanks again for everyone I met while there...wheeled with and maybe did not talk as much as I would have liked...and especially for those that donated their hard earned money to help rescue an OHV area in the East.......

Thanks again from the two guys with RESCUE TELLICO on their FJs...(Brock and ProInv)

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Brock and Dave,

I posted my thanks to all in another thread but just wanted to thank you guys for the great "dessert" outside the saloon Friday evening. Also congrats on raising so much $ for the Tellico Fund and hope you are successful in your fight!

Ace

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
It was quite an amazing event indeed! I think it was much more fun, less crowded, and less stressful than last year. Can't wait to see everyone in 2010!!

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Brock and Dave,

I posted my thanks to all in another thread but just wanted to thank you guys for the great "dessert" outside the saloon Friday evening. Also congrats on raising so much $ for the Tellico Fund and hope you are successful in your fight!

Ace
that pie was certainly tasty!

Brock & David, it's people like you who care, and make a difference. Keep up the great work you two!

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
that pie was certainly tasty!

Brock & David, it's people like you who care, and make a difference. Keep up the great work you two!
There was pie!?!?

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
apple and blueberry ;)

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
I, too, wish to thank Tim, Ty, and Seth--Toyota and all the amazing vendors--and all the volunteers! What an amazing time! It was so awesome to meet a great group of people who all have this in common: FJ's and the outdoors. From the trail leaders to the parties to the comraderie shown by everyone--thank you! My wife came along very tentatively not knowing what to expect....and as we were driving out of Ouray yesterday--she was making plans on where to stay and what to do next year!
This is one heckuva happy FJ owner and Summit attendee! See you all again in 2010!

P.S. A very special thank you to Jacque from TRDparts4U and his kind "swag" gift to my daughter who turned five on Friday and to Mark from MetalTech for picking up my son from a good "wipeout" on the chains and giving him a very well-placed hug! Also, thank you to Frank Bonney for taking the time to have a really great conversation about Toyota, TRD, and the future of business. EVERYTHING was awesome! :clap:

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I just wanted to say, I have been to all 3 summits and as far as organization and overall satisfaction of the event. This one by far was the best yet!

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I have to agree with Jason and the others this was the best so far. We really enjoyed being there and are making plans for next year. Thanks to everyone for making it possible for us to come.

·
Registered
936 Posts
:blueblob:

I would have to say that was some very fine pie!!!, I have been to many events over the years and this one was by far one of the best, if they were having any issues I wasn't aware of them. As mentioned on another thread the food was great, all the vendors were helpful/friendly, the organiser always took the time to answer question or just BS alittle, all three of my trailleaders did a excellent job and I didn't talk to anyone that wasn't having a good time. Hoping there will be a summitt again in Ouray in 2010 !

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I didn't know there was pie...

The 2009 Summit was great.

I hope nobody is offended, but it didn't seem like a blue room function. It just seemed like a great gathering, mostly of forum members. I hate to mention the blue vs. brown thing here, but I do want to mention that I didn't see any of that at the Summit. Can't we all just get along? I think we can! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
as long as people don't have a kindergarden attitude I think all can get a long, or at least avoid people they absolutely can't stand :D

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Sandabbe and I went there not caring what forum people were on. We just went there to have a great time, and we did. I hung out with some peeps that I KNOW don't come over here to the "Blue room". I didn't care, they are still friends and we had a great time together!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
it was the best vacation ever in my life! (we take a lot of vacations too)

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
awwww thanks! They're fairly well behaved as long as they are occupied :rofl:

I'd have to agree with you, they are beautiful too ;) but that may be a bias statement LOL

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Brock and Dave,

Ace
Thanks for the kind words....and as for "dessert"......there have been requests for a revisiting of the dessert samplings again next year. Dont think I will make next year but already being asked to work the logistics...LOL

1 - 20 of 50 Posts