Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from a 12 hour round trip to pick up a new Sun Fusion FJ Cruiser as a gift for my wife for our 25th wedding anniversary. I have been looking for about almost two months after selling our beloved 1978 FJ40. I have purchased many autos in my lifetime and have never been comfortable with any of the purchases after signing the papers and walking out of the finance office (feeling like I had just been abused).

Today was different. Thanks to all of you here, and a lot of pre-purchase leg work and (believe it or not, an honest Toyota Salesman) our purchase experience was second to none.

After running through all the dealers in Texas and being lied to, insulted with higher than MSRP pricing, treated like just another joe schmo, I found a really trustworthy salesman and dealership. Next, with information on interest rates, extended warranties, and how to use a Capitol One Auto Loan Check, and all of your experiences, my wife and I walked into the dealership prepared. Initially Toyota quoted the highest interest rate followed by our local banks and then by Capital One. After the finance guy saw our Capital One Check, that was all it took to get an even better rate from Toyota. Next was the infamous extended warranty, which I was not even going to consider because of the cost...but once again, your knowledge and that which I learned on 4Runner.org, I found a Toyota dealer who cut the $1800 price tag by half - once again we felt like we were driving this deal.

If you live in the Texas area, and are looking for a FJ, you should seriously consider calling Michael McLaughlin at Classic Toyota Tyler 903-579-0245. I cannot vouch for their FJ alotment, but at least you can get a fresh clean start.

PS Special thanks to RoverGGM for looking up our order status countless times, and to BillThompson for his detailed outline of how to break in one of these fine 4x4s.

Only those who have purchased can know how stupid these things make other drivers. Following my wife home today, we were both almost taken out several times by people doing dumb stuff trying to jockey for a closer look - heck, she almost got run over by a Tacoma at the gas pump when a guy spotted her, grabbed his camera, and flew into the gas station with camera in hand taking pictures as he drove by....

We are going to bed tonight with a BIG:D on our faces
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,192 Posts
Congrats! I also had a great experience at my dealer here in AZ. I just got a black mt6.Told him what I wanted to pay and they basically accepted no fuss no muss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Extremely happy customer here as well. Minimum BS, in and out with a lunatic grin plastered on my kisser. Worth EVERY second of the wait!:D

Don Moore Toyota
Owensboro, KY

2 more coming in soon, unspoken for VDBlue and Silver, I believe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
fjlarry said:
Congrats! I also had a great experience at my dealer here in AZ. I just got a black mt6.Told him what I wanted to pay and they basically accepted no fuss no muss.
Larry, who did you buy from? Have a sales guy that you'd recommend?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,192 Posts
CDriver, got my FJ from Larry Miller. Ask for Brad Dougherty. They only had a sun Fusion 2wd left on the lot w/ 20's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
I was just there tonight and saw the 4x2 attrocity. Poor FJ. :(

I know Larry Miller was asking MSRP + MVA but they dropped the MVA pretty quick after dealing with them in the parking lot. Right now I've got a order in for a Sun Fusion with only CQ from Avondale. Just placed the order last week so I'm not to hopeful that I'll be driving a FJ in the next month or two.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,192 Posts
CDriver, I had a Black Cherry coming from Tims in Prescott but not getting it now. Ask for Raz if your interested. 1-800-339-8467. Let us now what you get. GoodLuck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
CDriver said:
I was just there tonight and saw the 4x2 attrocity. Poor FJ. :(

I know Larry Miller was asking MSRP + MVA but they dropped the MVA pretty quick after dealing with them in the parking lot. Right now I've got a order in for a Sun Fusion with only CQ from Avondale. Just placed the order last week so I'm not to hopeful that I'll be driving a FJ in the next month or two.

I'll second the recommendation on Larry Miller. Bell Road Toyota is nothing but a den of thieves. The only deal breaker at Larry Miller was my trade in value which is going to stink at any dealer. Larry Miller was willing to wipe out the MVA right off the bat and was also willing to deal on the extras that I didn't want. I told them I had a Sirius account and that the $700 XM radio wasn't needed. He was willing to deal on the extras I didn't want. Do they still have the black MT model with the roof rack?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
As of Tuesday this week, the black one is gone and has been replaced with a 4x2 on dubs. :eek:

I've been checking the online inventory of a couple local dealerships but not having much luck.

Camelback Toyota: Salesman wont come off their MVA + MSRP. I may try a different sales guy.
Avondale: Haven't had any new FJ's listed. Currently have a $500 deposit on one I've ordered.
Tempe Toyota: Only had one in the 26-27k range but they screwed that up by putting 20's on it and adding a bunch of other crap.
Superstition Springs: I won't deal with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
CDriver said:
As of Tuesday this week, the black one is gone and has been replaced with a 4x2 on dubs. :eek:

I've been checking the online inventory of a couple local dealerships but not having much luck.

Camelback Toyota: Salesman wont come off their MVA + MSRP. I may try a different sales guy.
Avondale: Haven't had any new FJ's listed. Currently have a $500 deposit on one I've ordered.
Tempe Toyota: Only had one in the 26-27k range but they screwed that up by putting 20's on it and adding a bunch of other crap.
Superstition Springs: I won't deal with them.
I just can't understand why anybody would buy one of these vehicles in the 4x2 configuration. Its a small difference in price and even if you never plan on taking the thing off road you will still have trouble when it comes time to sell it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Picked mine up from Maita Tayota in Sacramento on Tuesday. Very good experience (other than one finance guy being rude to my wife on the phone). Salesman was Gabriel, I would definitely recommend.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top