Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's a question, what's the farthest you've driven your fj in one trip?

I drove from Abilene TX to Great Falls MT, about 1500 miles. ( through a couple blizzards on the way too)

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Socal to Eglin afb, FL and the Eglin afb, FL to SoCal.

2200 mile trip in 29 hours and the second in 27 hours . Never shut the engine off both trips (even pumping gas (yeah yeah it's perfectly safe)).

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Boulder, CO to Gillett, WI to Frisco, TX to Boulder, CO

Actually, we're over-night in Amarillo right now, but this is defintely our longest trip. We did it once back in 2007, but that was before we got Sandi.

So much better this way :clap:

Safe travels, All. :cheers:

·
Registered
449 Posts
from parachute, co to sheridan lake colorado (397ish miles) and back in one weekend. im pretty sure ive never left colorado with my FJ. haha. when i go to my parents were 11 miles from kansas, but never crossed the state line.

·
fka sjcfjc
138 Posts
San Jose, CA to Four Corners and back, with several side trips along the way. About 2300 miles over 5 days.

On a related note, with two people and fully laden, the FJ averaged 17mpg on this trip. Mileage went down noticably at altitude :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Socal to Eglin afb, FL and the Eglin afb, FL to SoCal.

2200 mile trip in 29 hours and the second in 27 hours . Never shut the engine off both trips (even pumping gas (yeah yeah it's perfectly safe)).
Eglin? I've been trying to get there for 12 yrs. But I think the FJ loves being up here.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Took the Wife n kids in it up north to spend christmas with the family and to go wheeling with friends.. drove 894 miles in 14 hours, had 3 older teenage girls in the back! spent a week hitting the trails, drove 898 miles back....Had 2114 miles showing traveled! and not one complaint from any one.:clap:

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
NYC to Continental Divide is longest trip for my truck in terms of mileage.

What felt the longest? Casablanca, Morocco down to visit friends in Agadir, Morocco and then down the N1 (the N1 is to Africa what Highway One is to the United States) all the way to El Aaiun and Laayoune Plage... beautiful beach to watch a sunset from, but not a drive I'm eager to do again.

For those who want to look up and down the coastline with Google's help:

laayoune plage, Morocco - Google Maps

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
We have been to South Dakota from middle TN several times for a week of pheasant hunting - roughly 1075 each way. The FJ is great on the road and even on some of those fine grass roads in SD.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just did a little over 2000 miles. 2007 FJ with 80K miles on it and it never missed a beat. Not that I expected different.

Drove from South Fla, to J-ville to Atlanta to Lexington, KY then back to Atlanta and on to South Florida.

I averaged 17 MPG which sucked but when I hit the snow in Lexington I knew I was smart to leave the BMW home and drive the truck. It was very sure footed.

Part of my trip took me up US1 in South Georgia and it was really a nice drive. I was expecting to see Lightning McQueen. :)

Wish I had pics of the parking garages in Atlanta, 6'8" clearance restrictions were nerve wracking. I rubbed my roof rack one time and got to pay $23 to park there and do it.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I drove 7200 km (4500 miles) in twelve days during June of 2010. We drove up to the Arctic Circle and back (to Edmonton). The trip took us through the Yukon and part of Alaska.

·
Registered
35 Posts
a buddy and i went from Oklahoma City, to Death Valley, then up to Jackson Hole , WY, and then back to Oklahoma city, 3255.78 miles:rocker:

·
Registered
216 Posts
A trip from reserve new mexico thru springerville, saint johns az to 40 then east to fayetteville arkansas towing a camper from a hunting trip (about 1350 miles) in about 20 hours. my 07 fj was a great traveling partner !

·
Registered
236 Posts
When I picked up the FJC - Atlanta to the Palm Beaches, ~620 miles.

Later this month and into February it's MIA-PBI-RDU-DCA-EWR-JFK-BOS-PBI, ~3500 miles with local stops to see family/friends/attractions.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Over Thanksgiving week, I made a trip from Abq, NM to Shreveport, La and back.. twice.

That was over 900 miles x 4.

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
Are we talking about straight with no sleep and no other driver to swap with, and just stopping for gas, food to go?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think longest trip was 10 hours. I went from germany to Austria,then to Italy and into Rome

1 - 20 of 49 Posts