Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I have been saving up funds for a new car. Naturally the Fj Cruiser was top on my list, but the more I pondered it, I started to realize that in a few months, I would be living in a city, and the MPG would eventually kill me. The other car I was considering was a Dodge Challenger, (v6). I couldn't decide, I love the Fj Cruiser, everything about it, but I also love the styling of the Dodge Challenger. (Course Dodge reliability is ****ty)

Well to wrap this up. Today, I was jogging in the park, thinking. And I was fed up with this indecision, so I said "Fine, whatever vehicle I see next is the one I am going to buy. Fj Cruiser, or Dodge Challenger." And this is in a small town where nobody owns either one. Two seconds later, as I was crossing the section of the trail that crosses the road,a blue Fj Cruiser comes swinging around the corner, and nearly hits me. The driver slams on his brakes, and rolls down the window and apologized for almost hitting me. I said it was fine, and continued my jogging. Needless to say, I made my decision.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Nice decision

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I gave my 4runner to my brother and took my father's old Dodge Durango when he got a hummer. But! Within a few miles the damn dodge fell apart. No A/C. Power Steering went out. Speakers blew out, back trunk hydraulics gone, power windows don't work, locks stopped working. Needless to say. I switched back the 4runner which has 270k miles, while the dodge had 200k. I thought I would give Dodge another chance, with their whole "reengineering" themselves. I don't think so anymore.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Interesting coincidence reading this thread... My buddy and I both just bought new cars. He bought a Charger, I bought an FJ. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting coincidence reading this thread... My buddy and I both just bought new cars. He bought a Charger, I bought an FJ. :)
How does he like the Charger? Because when I was test driving the Challenger, the salesman also wanted me to test drive the Charger (No idea why, I was so close to buying the challenger, maybe he would have gotten some incentive if he sold a 2011 charger) I liked it, but was once again worried about reliability.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Gota love Fate :)

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Welcome, and good "decision"... ;)

:cheers:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Perfect solution:

Buy the Fj because you really want it.
Get a Honda or Yamaha scooter to buzz around town on. I had a little Honda Ruckus that got close to 75 mpg, but if you have to commute on the freeway, get something with more horsepower or you'll be a hood ornament.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How does he like the Charger? Because when I was test driving the Challenger, the salesman also wanted me to test drive the Charger (No idea why, I was so close to buying the challenger, maybe he would have gotten some incentive if he sold a 2011 charger) I liked it, but was once again worried about reliability.
He likes it so far... I can't really speak to reliability as he's only had it a few weeks. His primary motivation was upgrading his MPG (he had a meaty truck that was getting like 10 MPG). I don't know much about the Challenger/Chargers but they are good lookin for sure.

·
Premium Member
16,935 Posts
Welcome aboard!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts