Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a bulk pack of Fatmat... it's supposed to be similar to dynamat at a majorly reduced cost. Anyone have any experience with this stuff?

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I just ordered a bulk pack of Fatmat... it's supposed to be similar to dynamat at a majorly reduced cost. Anyone have any experience with this stuff?
I would say it is comparable to regular dynamat, not near as thick as extreme liner. I used both in my FJ had left over extreme liner. The other thing I did not like about Fat Mat was the logo wears off when you work with it so you have blueish hands and anything else that touches it for extended periods. I used 3 layers of fat mat where I would use 2 layers of extreme liner. Other than that I was happy with it.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Whoa, ~$78 a gallon? I can see spending that much for 5 gallons. Also, it appears that it's an exterior product (undercoating). I don't think I'd want this inside the passenger compartment, just due to the fumes.

Similar question: Has anyone looked into spray coatings on the underbody, or had it done to their rig? I wonder how much dampening that performs?

I wouldn't mind a little more road noise control, but I don't really want to disassemble my entire interior to install padding. If the undercoating cuts down on some of the road noise, that'd be the approach I'd take...

·
Registered
261 Posts
This comparison was done a while ago. Fatmat has since improved, especially with their rattle trap product. Raam audio has also improved their product, Hope this helps.

Sound Deadener Showdown

1 - 8 of 8 Posts